Print Thread
#494914 02/18/09 10:58 AM
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
This week's article explains the acronym UPG. Have you had positive or negative experiences with people bringing their UPG into groups and claiming it was "from the Gods"?

UPG - Unsubstantiated Personal Gnosis

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 02/20/09 11:00 AM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Really good article, Trish. I did at one time know a woman who controlled a whole group of people in just about every aspect of their lives by her channeling and visions. I never truly believed she was really adept at those efforts and only used it as a facade to control others. She even went so far as to break up relationships because they were "not right" and led the people to other matches - it was really sad. Most of those people in the group would not or could not make any major decisions without her. Needless to say, I did not stay within her "circle" and left a lot of friends there whom I really thought were good people, just lost. For me, it is easy to spot someone who is not authentic.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 02/23/09 01:01 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thank you Phyllis. I'm so sorry you went through that experience. It can be so disheartening to join a group for spiritual purposes and see others manipulating this need for spiritual fellowship for their own gains.

Sometimes I think they are con artists, but sometimes I think they really buy into their own delusions.

I was lucky in that the one group that I was with that had this kind of character pretty much thought she was a flaky as I did. She did have a knack though for picking out younger people (in their early 20s) to latch onto. I was one of them originally but learned quickly that she was a control freak. I moved on a little wiser for the experience.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.