Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
A friend just lost his position and he and his wife sent out an email in a networking effort to land something, even temporary as he searches for a position. He has been a teacher as well as holding positions in business.

The layoffs really hurt everyone.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
These days even a college education doesn't help. I admit, it wouldn't hurt in the long run....

Due to possible layoffs in the family - I am anticipating some rough weather ahead....I am going back to school to learn a skill. I am going for skin/makeup. I have to take the nail course with it - it is the only way to get a loan.

Hopefully, I will land a permanent part time job - that could work into full time if needed. I just hope I am not wasting time or money.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Angie, Yes layoffs are hurting people in all walks of life. Most available jobs will not be listed in the paper. Networking and websites seem to be the way to go.

Your correct Robin, these days - college degree, high paying, low paying it doesn't matter, everyone in all wage brackets are getting laid off. It's best to try and think of a back up plan - going to school to learn a new skill is an excellent plan B.

It's really hard when a friend or loved one is laid off. If it's a friend, you really want to help, but we need to keep our own budget in mind. If it's a family member in the same household, that person will need your support more then ever.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
At one time college education was not always the most important route. Some people made out well in trades and there is nothing wrong with that route. If it is something you do well, enjoy, and can make a good living, then that is the way to go.

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

The above post is from the COLD FILES.

It may help someone today or have additional comments.

Enjoy smile

Career Aptitude Test
Career Change
Career Coaching Training
Career Counseling

Tiger
Tiger
Wow, I never thought of doing this. But I guess it is the same as using Facebook. This is what I told my adult daughter to do as she has a HUGE following. LOL, this would not work for me as I use Facebook just to be able to post to some sites for my online clients. But it works smile

Originally Posted By: Angie
A friend just lost his position and he and his wife sent out an email in a networking effort to land something, even temporary as he searches for a position. He has been a teacher as well as holding positions in business.

The layoffs really hurt everyone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.