Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
annann, bentongortega, behealthy, StargazerUK, Bruceox1962
56569 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56569 Members
417 Forums
111449 Topics
786030 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 229
Nancy Roussy 172
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 138
Rosie 66 127
loongdragon 125
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 88
Jilly 58
Susan - Meditation Editor 54
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#496308 - 02/22/09 07:19 PM A friend just lost his position
Angie Offline
Zebra

A friend just lost his position and he and his wife sent out an email in a networking effort to land something, even temporary as he searches for a position. He has been a teacher as well as holding positions in business.

The layoffs really hurt everyone.

Add A friend just lost his position to Twitter Add A friend just lost his position to Facebook Add A friend just lost his position to MySpace Add A friend just lost his position to Del.icio.us Digg A friend just lost his position Add A friend just lost his position to Yahoo My Web Add A friend just lost his position to Google Bookmarks Add A friend just lost his position to Stumbleupon Add A friend just lost his position to Reddit
#496318 - 02/22/09 08:10 PM Re: A friend just lost his position [Re: Angie]
Robin - Fragrance Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
These days even a college education doesn't help. I admit, it wouldn't hurt in the long run....

Due to possible layoffs in the family - I am anticipating some rough weather ahead....I am going back to school to learn a skill. I am going for skin/makeup. I have to take the nail course with it - it is the only way to get a loan.

Hopefully, I will land a permanent part time job - that could work into full time if needed. I just hope I am not wasting time or money.

Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Twitter Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Facebook Add Re: A friend just lost his position to MySpace Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Del.icio.us Digg Re: A friend just lost his position Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Yahoo My Web Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Google Bookmarks Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Stumbleupon Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Reddit
#496633 - 02/23/09 09:21 PM Re: A friend just lost his position [Re: Robin - Fragrance Editor]
Dianne W - Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Loc: Virginia
Angie, Yes layoffs are hurting people in all walks of life. Most available jobs will not be listed in the paper. Networking and websites seem to be the way to go.

Your correct Robin, these days - college degree, high paying, low paying it doesn't matter, everyone in all wage brackets are getting laid off. It's best to try and think of a back up plan - going to school to learn a new skill is an excellent plan B.

It's really hard when a friend or loved one is laid off. If it's a friend, you really want to help, but we need to keep our own budget in mind. If it's a family member in the same household, that person will need your support more then ever.

Career Training Site
Job Search Site

Do you want to talk to the man in charge or the woman who knows what's going on?

Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Twitter Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Facebook Add Re: A friend just lost his position to MySpace Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Del.icio.us Digg Re: A friend just lost his position Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Yahoo My Web Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Google Bookmarks Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Stumbleupon Add Re: A friend just lost his position to Reddit
#497019 - 02/25/09 02:48 AM Re: A friend just lost his position [Re: Dianne W - Editor]
Angie Offline
Zebra

At one time college education was not always the most important route. Some people made out well in trades and there is nothing wrong with that route. If it is something you do well, enjoy, and can make a good living, then that is the way to go.

#783073 - 09/17/12 11:28 PM Re: A friend just lost his position[35] [Re: Angie]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Hi Everyone:

The above post is from the COLD FILES.

It may help someone today or have additional comments.

Enjoy smile

Career Aptitude Test
Career Change
Career Coaching Training
Career Counseling

Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to Twitter Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to Facebook Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to MySpace Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to Del.icio.us Digg Re: A friend just lost his position[35] Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to Yahoo My Web Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to Google Bookmarks Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to Stumbleupon Add Re: A friend just lost his position[35] to Reddit
#783074 - 09/17/12 11:31 PM Re: A friend just lost his position [Re: Angie]
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Wow, I never thought of doing this. But I guess it is the same as using Facebook. This is what I told my adult daughter to do as she has a HUGE following. LOL, this would not work for me as I use Facebook just to be able to post to some sites for my online clients. But it works smile

Originally Posted By: Angie
A friend just lost his position and he and his wife sent out an email in a networking effort to land something, even temporary as he searches for a position. He has been a teacher as well as holding positions in business.

The layoffs really hurt everyone.

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Words For The Betterment of My Path.
by loongdragon
Spirituality
5 minutes 8 seconds ago
What My Spirituality Is!
by loongdragon
Spirituality
13 minutes 56 seconds ago
Long hiatus
by Leslie A
Wicca
Yesterday at 11:45 PM
Interview with the Vampire - Claudia's Story
by Justin - Horror Lit Editor
Horror Literature
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Substitute Teacher Thank You Gifts
by Brenda - Teaching LDS
Teaching LDS
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
How to become fashion, personality, charming?
by annann
Women's Fashion
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
Your views on Haute Couture
by Kelly Z
Women's Fashion
Yesterday at 10:01 PM
What did you eat from the garden today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 09:01 PM
What did you donate or recycle today?
by Jilly
Frugal Living
Yesterday at 08:48 PM
Spiritual Practice and Our Brain
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Yesterday at 08:45 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, loongdragon), 46 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.