logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
ShellyK Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I have a problem picking jewelry... I rarely wear earrings because my hair usually covers my ears. Sometimes necklaces look too cluttered too because my hair seems to be everywhere.... I really love jewelry and want to wear it more. One of my new year resolutions was to find my own style and improve the way I look. Please help me. What are the rules about hair and jewelry? :confused: Thanks Shelly

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Shelly, can you post a picture of you so we know what your hairstyle looks like?

but honestly, matching jewelry has more to do with your outfit than your hair - especially necklaces. You want to find a necklace that suits the neckline of your blouse or top.

For example, if you are wearing a V-neck top, wearing a short chain or choker necklace looks wonderful becasue the V-neck sets up a sort of "frame" for the necklace. On the other side - if you are wearing a turtle neck, a long necklace sits well becasue it drapes down the front of an otherwise plain shirt.

I have a paper hear somewhere that show all the "framing techniques" of necklaces, I'll see if I can find it and post it.

As for earrings and your hair; since your hair is so long - go for some funky, bright peices that will show up through your mane. YOU can get away with this more easily than women with business style haircuts. Or just forgo the earrings altogether and focus on the necklace and some fantastic bracelelts and/or rings. If your hair is your best feature, you may not want your jewelry distracting from that anyway! laugh

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi Shelly,
Michelle has some very good tips in her post.
However, I understand about not wearing earrings since your hair covers them. I went thru that stage after I grew my hair long. I do wear earrings now because during the day my ears do show and I often have one side tucked behind my ear.

I keep my earrings smaller because I feel that larger ones fight with my hairstyle unless I'm really dressed up.

As for necklaces... Michelle is right that they should complement the neckline of your outfit. Big necklaces sometimes get in the way of my hair. Sometimes my hair even gets caught so that's a bit distracting. I keep my necklaces simple.

Jewelry also has a lot to do with your personality. If you are quiet and reserved, big jewelry may be just too much. If you are very outgoing, small jewelry may be too little.

S
ShellyK Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much. You both had some great points and suggestions. Michelle, I would really love to read about the "framing techniques" that you mentioned. Could you point me to your article? Thanks, Shelly

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
It was an article I had while I was selling Premier Jewelry a few years ago, and I can't seem to find the brochure.

But I found a couple of links that have the same info for you:
Find the Necklace for Her Neckline
&
Necklace Size Guide

These 2 will give you a very good idea.

But I think I am going to play with my jewelry this weekend and see if I can't put together an actual photo article on this topic!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
A
A
Thank you for the links.

Top cell phone ringtones for mobile freaks
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I have never thought about matching my jewelry with my hair, heck I do not even match my clothes and accessories to my hair!

Perfect hairstyle needs no jewelry I believe; If you get the most stylish hairstyle then you no need any jewelry or perfect dress. So try to get a perfect hairstyle according to your face shape.

Last edited by EbonyDedrick; 11/29/16 12:40 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.