logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
We usually do a major cleaning in spring (after being cooped up) and in fall (before being locked in, we get rid of all the dust and dirt).

What's the trigger for you? Is it a date? An occasion? Do you just plan to do it "on the next nice, weekend day"? If you don't plan for it, do you find yourself skipping it some years?

Heather DeGeorge
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I don't do a full spring cleaning twice a year but I've modified OrganizedHome.com's grand plan and do it constantly. I know, that sounds a) obsessive and b) exhausting, but it keeps things under control. smile

Barbara Sharpe

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
That's me too, Barbara. It's constantly getting rid of stuff that keeps this castle in organization form. I used to do the big twice a year thing, but being in Texas, we're below sea level with no basements, as I'm used to (being born up North).So, over time, very quickly, we accumulate so much stuff.

Being a neat freak, I feel compelled Heather to do it constantly. There's nothing like a clutter free space.....all over the house. shocked

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Actually, I was talking more about the actual cleaning than the decluttering. I take down the curtains and wash them; and send the rugs out to be cleaned. Big stuff like that. While the rugs are out, the floors get washed--all the woodwork gets washed, etc.

But as for purging, yeah, I'm approaching the year-mark of "the beginning of the end" for things that my husband refers to as "not blessing the house". It's hard to start, but once you get through the first round--man, does it feel good to be free of the STUFF.

Heather DeGeorge
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Yeah, I am on a constant mission to keep the place clean! smile I finally got rid of all of my blinds and have shades or curtains now because cleaning blinds is too big a pain in the rear! smile Don't even get me started on my obsession with clean baseboards.

Barbara Sharpe

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I usually clean the house really good just before Halloween to get ready for all the holidays then again in early spring. I love "spring housecleaning"! I usually find a lot of stuff I forgot I had. It is fun to find an old uncompleted project and finish it up (like sewing patterns, dolls, etc.) I already found some fabric I can make kitchen curtains out of. I, too, am thru with the blinds thing.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
My husband usually takes a golf trip and during that four days that he is gone I usually tackle something. Sometimes I will tackle a big project and end up with a big mess but I do take on a cleaning project now and again. I psyche myself up for it and plan for weeks what I am going to do while he is out. I try to keep the calendar clear. The first night, I start in and just keep on going til he returns.

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: HeatherCleaningEditor
Actually, I was talking more about the actual cleaning than the decluttering. I take down the curtains and wash them; and send the rugs out to be cleaned. Big stuff like that. While the rugs are out, the floors get washed--all the woodwork gets washed, etc.

But as for purging, yeah, I'm approaching the year-mark of "the beginning of the end" for things that my husband refers to as "not blessing the house". It's hard to start, but once you get through the first round--man, does it feel good to be free of the STUFF.

Yeah, I do things like that, several times a year. I have too Heather, unfortunately. There are parts of Texas that are soooooo dusty. As soon as you dust and clean within 72 hours, its back.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Ugh... the dust here is beyond bearable. Seriously--I'm not even IN TX, plus I have STEAM heat and if I dust, it's the same thing--72 hours and it looks like 3 weeks.

Note: I have 2 dogs. frown

Heather DeGeorge
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
This past week I've been looking at my walls and my wall to wall carpet...thinking...it's time. That is definitely a spring time project.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.