Last night, I dreamt about my deceased grandmother who hasn't visited me in dreams for a while. But just as I was awakening, I saw her standing at the foot of my bed, holding a tall, black silk hat. The hat was filled with white slips of paper with names of my family members on them.

I knew this hat to symbolize death. You see, just before my little boy died, I dreamt of a man dressed in a black suit with long coattails and he wore that same hat. He was driving a black carriage that was going up a hill and then fell into the ocean, pulling in my son and me. I lifted my son out of the water and placed him on the dock and a man dressed in white flowing robes carried him away.

Someone told me that this man in black is the typical symbol of death. *ugh*

Well, now my grandmother was holding his hat with names of my family members. I knew clearly this meant someone is going to die. In actuality, it could be any one of several. I have an elderly uncle fighting cancer and my mom and aunt are both elderly as well. My BIL had a heart attack and has been feeling chest pains again. My sister could have a stroke again. My husband and I aren't in the best of health either. And my daughter has a medical problem, too.

My gosh, it isn't any wonder that there were so many slips of paper in that black hat!!!

What do you all think about this? Can you tell which of us will get our names pulled from the hat?