Indigestion
Headaches
Irritablity
Cold Flashes
Body Odor
Increased Allergies
PMS
Pain in Pelvic

I do know before I had my Tubal Ligation I was informed about it and might get it and had the surgery in 07. Never recieved my periods by the way. Any Ideas if it is Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
KLW Offline OP
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Question for everyone to answer is how long after the surgery for tubal ligation do you get PTLS?

S
S
Post Tubaligation Syndrome or PTSL is a common side effect of surgical sterilization in women. In many cases is caused by a disturbance or blockage of blood flow to the ovaries during surgery causing a disruption in hormone production (specifically a drastic, ubrupt decrease in estrogen and progesterone.) This is similar to the effects of menopause, therefore the symptoms are similar. Most women begin to complain of symptoms within the first few months after initial surgery.

Symptoms can include:

Hot flashes and night sweats
Irritability with mood swings and sudden tears
Trouble sleeping through the night (with or without night sweats)
Irregular periods; shorter, lighter periods; heavier periods, flooding;
phantom periods, shorter cycles, longer cycles
Loss of libido
Dry or itchy [censored]
Fatigue
Anxiety and depression
Extremely dry, itchy, crawly skin
Breast tenderness
Weight gain
Hair loss or thinning, head, pubic, or whole body; increase in facial hair
Dizziness, light-headedness, episodes of loss of balance
Changes in body odor
Stabbing pains in pelvic area at time of ovulation
Pelvic Pain

and other more serious symptoms. These are the most common.

If you think that you have PTLS, you should contact your health care professional. There are test that can be done and in some cases PTLS can be corrected with medicine, hormone therapy, and additional surgeries. Mnay women claim that having a tubaligation reversal gave them relief. Only you and your doctor can decide what treatment plan will be right for you, but I strongly urge you to see your doctor about your symptoms sooner rather than later.

Symptoms of PTSL can sometimes be confused with more serious conditions such as hypothyroidism, diabetes, and iron deficiency among many others, so it is important to rule these out.

Good Luck

Last edited by Steph-Conception Editor; 03/02/08 06:08 PM.

Stephanie Cummings
BellaOnline Conception Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I had a tubaligation in 1974 don't remember having any serious symptoms like those mention, but who knows it been a long time i probably just don't remember. i did however had have some of the problems mention before i had the tubaligation. so i probably wouldn't of noticed the difference.

Rosie L
D
D
I am 28 and had a tubal ligation 2 years ago. I have been to the doctor almost every month for two years trying to figure out what is wrong. I was even told I "probably" have leukemia before the test was positive. Are there any legal actions that can be taken in regards to PTLS and not knowing these complications existed before having the tubal ligation

Thanks
debralaine

K
K
I'm 43 and had my tubal ligation 10 years ago. My OB/GYN did tell me that my periods 'could' get heavier post-op....that some Doctors didn't believe it happened, but that he'd seen it enough to know that it could.

My first period post-op was normal for me however, the second one was incredibly heavy and they've stayed that way ever since.

In the past 10 years, I've experienced nearly every symptom listed. It hasn't been a great 10 years. Just last week, I saw my PCP (a new Doc for me) and she started me on a regimen of vitamins and supplements. We were both thinking perimenopause.

But in the back of my head, I always knew that the changes started after I had my ligation.

Today, literally, is the first time I found information on PTLS. It's the first I've ever heard of it and I was an RN for years and years. Even now, the information is limited, but I did find enough to share with my PCP.

Reversal really isn't an option for me, but I'm thrilled to know that I'm NOT going completely bonkers!

Debralaine....It would appear to me that this isn't a well known thing in the medical community. Just in my short research, I was only able to find one document that I feel comfortable sharing with my Doctor. (written by an M.D.)

I wouldn't encourage legal action on your part. That won't help you in any way.

If it's an option for you, a reversal could help. If it's not, feel free to e-mail me and I'll send you the list of vitamins and supplements I've just recently started. Now, I can't tell you how effective they will be overall, but I CAN tell you that only 5 days into this new regimen and I'm already feeling better.
And, after 10 years, I'd like to think that's saying something. =)

Regards,
Kristi

KPD85219@gmail.com

K
K
I've had many requests asking about the vitamin regimen I'm now on, so I'll post it here.

Omega-3 fish oil 3 times/day (helps with the dry skin)

B6 Complex twice/day

Vitamin D 2000 i.u./day (mine in is liquid form...only need one drop a day)

Indole-3-Carbinol (for estrogen metabolism) (this is refrigerated)

Black Cohosh (for the night sweats and hot flashes)

DIM (for estrogen metabolism)

Also, my Doctor recommended that I only use soaps and lotions that come from a health food store. Granted, the soaps aren't on the skin for a long period of time, but lotions are and are absorbed into the skin (transdermal effect).

I've been on this for a couple months now and it does seem to be helping.

Best of luck to you all!

S
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
S
The regimen listed in the previous post is a good anti-inflammatory regimen. My only question is why both DIM and indole-3-carbamol? DIM is a better absorbed form of I-3-C.

I think what they want you to avoid in soaps and lotions are any parabens, since parabens may be estrogenic. I avoid them, too.

Moderated by  Stacy - Conception 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.