Page 1 of 2 1 2
#493685 02/13/09 11:31 AM
R
OP Offline
R

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If you feel strongly that you definitely will not be able to bond/attach with a child through adoption, you need to explore how to resolve that before adopting. If you can see yourself bonding/attaching with a child through adoption and giving him/her everything you would had s/he been born into your family, go for it. It is only natural to think of biological children first, but don't rule out adoption simply because it is not the path you originally embarked upon when choosing to bring children into your family.

R
OP Offline
R
Thanks, that was good advice. I can defintley see myself adopting or even being a foster parent. I guess my nerves are just getting the best of me because it's a whole world that I don't know much about. I'm sure that's normal right? I have been adimantley researching information about adoption, and most recently about foster care. If anyone has any advice from first hand experience or any insight at all into the foster care system, it would be greatly appreciated.

T
T
This is a very touchy subject for most people. It is always a good option to adopt. I�ve heard terrible stories about kids in foster homes and it just brings me to tears. There�s actually a movie I�ve seen commercials for recently about the American foster care system with Rosie O�Donnell..this is the trailer: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGy34G0bQjw][/url]

Last edited by Tallons; 02/26/09 03:36 PM.
I love E.R Frank! This movie is based on his novel. If it's anything like the book, this movie might make you cry, but it's very good. I'll be watching tomorrow...heres another link I found with interviews of the cast members I was just watching [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPt1ZMr_308][/url]

Last edited by BonitaSong; 02/27/09 05:55 PM.
So I just finished watching the movie this morning on my DVR. It was overall a good movie, with a good message. It guess it could have been a bit more entertaining, but nevertheless it had it's moments where I felt like crying. Anyone else see it?

T
T
It was def entertaining but some of it was a little too much for me..like the burning of one of the kid's back..and the sexual molestation scenes just made me sick..I know they had to show them to add to the drama, but I guess I just don't like to see things like that...

R
OP Offline
R
omg- burning a kids back? i swear- i think foster homes should have hidden cameras as part of a legal agreement. If there is nothing to hide, then nobody should worry about it. I'm sure it would stir up some controversy, but if everyone has a child's best interests at heart....

A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi Redlipstick!

Have you thought about attending an adoption workshop or meeting?

I think your feelings are so normal to have, and often talking with others who have adopted can help so much. I'm not saying they will change your feelings, but they may help you better understand them, and to look at adoption in another way, if that makes any sense?

That might be a good place to start for talking and getting first hand accounts of adoption and foster care, and then going from there.

I just wanted to put that suggestion out there, and wish you the best of luck! smile

A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi Redlipstick!

I'm just checking back in and seeing how you are doing. Do you have any questions about foster care or adoption that I can help answer (or direct you in the right direction)?

If so, please feel free (and anyone else as well) to post it here!

Thank you for starting this thread. Many people ask themselves the same question, and it's great to be able to talk about it. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.