Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#492883 02/11/09 12:13 PM
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
I have 2 cats- one is super outgoing and the other is quite timid. They are best friends and I have had them for 6 years. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for socializing the timid cat (Bunnie). I would love for her to come out from the closet where she hides all day. Let me stress she is Siamese and a bit moody lol.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Does she like to play? I have 4 cats now, I just took in a stray kitten after saying "No more cats!" She's very sweet but a little timid, maybe cuz my other cats are over 8 years old.

She does like to play tho and I got her some toys and put a bed for her on the chair in the kitchen so she can hang out with me during the day. As time went by she started spending more time in the hustle and bustle of the household.

If you've had her a long time and she's still really timid, maybe it's just her personality. Cats are very stubborn!

S
Shark
Shark
S
I know this is a little late; but I wanted to share about my experience with the two cats I have.
Cats are stubborn...I agree with that statement.
I have two cats..Norton and Boo-Boo. Norton is the ole lady have had her about 17 years...and Boo we just inherited her last summer. And they still do not get along. Even this morning Boo went after Norton again. I've done lotts of things...nothing is working...not even spraying Boo with Water. So, yes cats are very stubborn.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sundancer, I've got 3 and the newest one has turned my home upside down. He's even gotten the first 2 futzing with each other. Problem is...I love all of them so I'm going to have a home in disharmony.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I know cats each have their own personality. I have never had a problem adding a new cat to the mix. Maybe I've just been very lucky. I always go through formal introductions and it has always worked.
Now, the last cat we acquired - while she got along fine with the two already living here - came into her own when they died. I can see that she always wanted to be an only child.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
When I got my second cat I did the socialization process and it worked great. My third one I fostered for a rescue group..he was 4 weeks old, very sick and lived in a crate in my bedroom until he was healthy...about 10-12 weeks. During that time my other cats were in there getting to know him while he was protected by the crate. I decided to keep him and thought it would be a snap since he'd been part of my furry family for so many months. It turned out he's much more active than the other two ever were..not bad really...just active. He keeps things stirred up all the time, but I'm certain that with time he'll settle down and things will get back to normal again.

Granny
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear Kristin,

As I posted in another thread here, I became a new mother to my boyfriend's two cats. These cats go from being very loving to each other to hissing at each other. Pharoah, our boy cat, gives kisses to Puma, our girl cat. Sometimes she licks him back, and other times she hisses at him. She does most of the hissing, but he does the same sometimes. They love to run around the house together. Most of the time, they get along beautifully. Puma came into the home first, and Pharoah came into the house a couple of months later. They were both kittens at the time.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Cats can be moody. My female Xena is like that..one minute she's snuggling up to Simba or Rocky..the next she's snipeing at them. I laughingly say she's suffering form PMS... my cats seem to have a pattern during the day. Mornings are active..running around, chasing each other, scruffling together..then around 10 or so they calm down and watch the birds in the feeder outside...then it's nap time for the rest of the day.

Granny
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear WalkingGranny,

Our veterinarian says Puma is not like most cats and has a different personality. I say she has a wonderful one. Your Xena is just like our Puma. One minute she's a sweetheart with Pharoah, and the next thing you know she's hissing at him.

Talk about energy. Last night, both of them got out. They are so smart. Pharoah jimmied open our French doors, and Puma followed. I had to get her out of the tree in the front yard. I get anxious when she gets to the front. They always come home, but I worry about them until they do. We let them out into the backyard on weekends, but now we're wondering about that. We're thinking about having a cat-proof enclosure made. Is there any such thing?

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
There are enclosures you can buy so your cats can go out, try googleing outdoor cat enclosures I'll bet you'd find some. None of my cats ever go out. First..apt. where I live require we keep them in, second there's so much traffic around here I'd surely lose one very soon, third..then I'd have to get Advantage for them at $20 each per month...cheaper to keep them in.

Granny
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.