logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
winter Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Anyone seen "2012: Science or Superstition"? Would you recommend it?

Last edited by winter; 02/11/09 07:59 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
K

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
What do you think about the whole 2012 prediction?

My husband thinks that it only portends a new world order will emerge not that the world will end. But the old world will pass away to make room for a new existence. And that the calendar ended because it represented the old world.

I wonder, "Wouldn't it be funny if someone just got tired of chiseling the stone and thought, 'Aw, heck. I've done enough. I'll just stop at 2012?'" I suppose the end of the world isn't a funny matter and that the Mayans wouldn't do anything randomly.

I don't know what to make of this 2012 prediction. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

K
K

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
While doing some articles on the Hopi Peoples, I learned that their ancient ancestors, the Anasazis, came from the Mayan culture and migrated north to the Four Corners area. The Hopi believe that their people are in the Fourth World. The first three worlds were destroyed because of evil and the people not following the Creator's instructions of Peace and Harmony with Mother Earth and all Creation.

Not only do the Hopi believe this is the Fourth World, but that there will be three more. 2012 may be the end of this world and the beginning of the next. The Third World was destroyed by floods according to the Hopi legends.

Interesting, huh?

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 02/27/09 02:36 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Yes, interesting. On History Channel, a show discussed how several cultures had legends about a great flood.

It goes to strengthen my personal belief that all are right. Everything ties together nicely, including science, religion and cultural knowledge.

Someday, we'll find that all the debates and srguments were unnecessary. We're all part of the same truth.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I expect we'll be seeing a lot more programs on the History & Science channels about the 2012 predictions as we get closer to it.

As of now, I believe that a shift is happening, physically to the earth and spiritually to earth's inhabitants and will climax in December of 2012. My hope is that the shift will bring peace and cooperation throughout the world. Imagine !

Blessings,
Donna

Donna Juzva
Astrology Editor at BellaOnline
astrology@bellaonline.com
Visit Astrology Site
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi Donna and Everyone,

I am new here but agree with what Donna said, there is a shift going on and we are going to be relying on one another more than we have in the past. It does not look that way right now, but it is happening.

Like so much else, things happen before they happen...it's hard to explain I suppose....

Anna

anamcara
K
K
It amazes me how something so morbid as "The End of Time" can be on so many peoples minds. Even those who are religious. As the bible says..and I won't quote it exactly because I don't feel like dragging out my bible...but it mentions that we will NOT know the time or the day. So, WHY worry about it. However, if we must worry about it...then instead...maybe we should ask if we can change it..keep it from happening and what steps do we take to do that? flutterby, I too have noticed that there are many cultures that have similar beliefs...I believe many cultures believe in GOD only they call him by a different name. I don't believe it is fair to judge a cultures religion just because their GOD has a different name or some things are different from our own. Look at all the religions just in the America...Catholic, Baptist, Methodist...just to name a few...they all have different means and beliefs in what is right and wrong and how to serve GOD...however, what's truly important is that they believe. I also do not believe that we should judge and ridicule all peoples who believe differently because they have those who are "extremists"... I believe I jumped off main topic and I'm sorry for that...I really just wanted to point out that I too have noticed a commonality that a lot of religions share and am happy to know that I am not the only one that has noticed. If only more people would open their minds and their hearts :)

Moderated by  Donna_Astrology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.