logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
gaztoni Offline OP
OP Offline
G
hi my name is toni i dont no alot about knitting just the basics i found a free knitting patteren on the internet so i printed it off i am now about half way though it and im stuck it tells me to wrap 1 then turn and i dont have a clue what it means if some one could help me i would be most greatful thanks u can email me direct at tonisorton@live.co.uk thanks very much

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
wrap one means to wrap the yarn around the needle. Turn means to turn the knitting around to go in the direction you just came from. What are you knitting? It might be easier to explain. If it is a sock, you would knit the number of stitches, wrap the yarn around and go back, like you were making the heel. Bev

G
gaztoni Offline OP
OP Offline
G
hi bev its a gardigon for a child but it has funny sleves in stead on just bein round like a normal one it has two half so the can button together like the frount buttons up if u no what i mean or if not g to www.knittinginstituet.co.uk then click free patterns then as u scroll down the page on the second line at the end there is a pattern called Classic Jacket from Sublime book 600 im on the sleves bit and i dont under stand it lol could u plz have a look at the pattern see if u can help me

B
B
Hi, I looked at the pattern. The front has a border, so you knit the front, maybe 8 stitches and put those on a holder. Turn the knitting around and go back across the stitches you have and work the front. The stitches on the holder will be picked up later for the front. Same for the flat on the sleeve. It is a button covering that will be made after you finish, same as the front. Hope it helps. Bev

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.