Next Thread
Print Thread
#492262 02/09/09 12:03 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I set a goal of making 100 scarves for St Labre Indian School this year. I already have 24 scarves completed and found that I generally have enough yarn left over for a matching hat.

However, I'm a "Needle Newbie" and very slow with circular and double pointed needles. I'm looking for a simple, straight needle cap pattern, preferrably with instructions for small, medium and large sizes. My goal is to have 50 smalls, 50 mediums and as many larges as I can complete before Thanksgiving, so I can ship them for Christmas. So the pattern needs to be quick and simple.

I've looked through my books (I don't have that many) and all over the internet, but have only found 2. One is a bit "over my head" and the other is constructed from a 20"x20" square. I don't particularly care for that one, but I'm working on modifying it with my limited skills.

Any references, patterns, links are most graciously appreciated. I've had a great local response, with 3 tubs of yarn already donated from friends and family all over the country. If you would like to help with this project, I can provide the contact information for the donations coordinator at the school.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
If you have access to Melissa Leapman's Knitting beyond scarves, there is a simple hat knit flat, (yes, a rectangular garter stitch piece) in that book. But It ends up looking side-to-side and is joined together by attaching the cast on edge to the bind off edge, then weaving your yarn through one of the open sides, gathering tauntly, and rolling up the cuff. It is quite attractive in the picture.

I looked on the internet too, without much luck, but hopefully someone else will have some suggestions.

Good luck smile

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I'm going "junkin" this week, on the look out for some kniting books. I'll check at the library to see if they have that book.

Ednamay posted a cap pattern in the "What are you knitting" thread. However, I couldn't figure it out. I think it may have been a chart, as discussed in another thread. I've never knitted from a chart, so I have no clue. However her description seemed to be real close to what I need.

I'll take another look at the post on charts and see if I can figure it out. Thanks for the book reference.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.