Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#490644 02/03/09 02:21 PM
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
I'm not too sure if lip plumpers are a big deal, but I know I use them every once in awhile. Right now I'm using Luscious Lip Plumper by Nutra Luxe, $16.

If you do use one, what kind and how often?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I like Du Wop Lip Venom which has a 30% off sale on right now (Feb 3).

Amoeba
Amoeba
Ooh, I love Du Wop Lip Venom. I'm hooked on it. smile

Sarah Spann
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I've been thinking about trying one. Looks like I'll be checking out Lip Venom.

Has anybody ever used LipFusion? I keep seeing it at my Ulta store (I am sooooooo addicted to that store!)

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
I use one I got from the drug store by Sally Hansen. I love it. I have fat lips already, just not as fat as they were when I was young. When I put this on, I feel younger. What I like about it also is that it's not as strong as some others so it doesn't tingle or burn my lips.

What is an Ulta store?

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Similar to a Sephora. They are online, but they don't seem to have any storefronts in the mid-north (like the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming).

I like their store setup better than Sephora - just a personal thing, and I can't even really tell you why. Maybe just because I saw them first. {shrugs}

I've tried one by Sally Hansen, but it was so sticky - it dorve me nuts. I can handle a tingle - I actually like the way Blistex feels, but sticky lips drive me insane.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I'd suggest that people save lip plumpers for special occasions, when one is going out or has a reason to look extra good/sexy. The plumpers work by irritating the skin of the lips, which increases blood flow.

Overuse creates a situation where you are daily irritating your facial skin. This cannot be good in the long run and will probably contribute to aging the lips overall.

So while I am not saying 'don't use plumpers at all', I am recommending being mindful of when they are used. :-)

Last edited by Jilly; 02/08/09 04:13 PM.
B
Shark
Shark
B
Uggh, lip plumpers!! I have small lips but I thought I'd give them a try anyways. I hated the feel on my lips and I looked ridiculous. I think some ladies can pull the look off some can't.

So for me, Angelina Jolie lips I will never have.

M
M
I have tried Sally Hansen gentle plumping and Plump FX lip Plumper. Plump FX works much better but hard to find. I usually stick to Sally Hansen because the sell it at my local pharmacy. Plump FX gives me fuller lips but I have to wait a week for it because I order from ebay. I hope that helps :)

Gecko
Gecko
Curious....if lip plumpers work by irritating your skin and are sticky and such, what do you think might possibly be a natural way to plump your lips? That would be a neat thing!

S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
idk. but i would love to know too

M
M
I believe that cinnamon oil is a natural way to plump your lips. The lip plumper I use is all natural and contains cinnamon in the ingredients.

M
M
I found my Jolie lips at Isabella Pelle. This company sells a lip balm called extreme pout lip balm. It puffed my lips in 2 days. I use these everyday. When I go out I use their lip plumping extreme pout glosses. They also have a lip growth serum trial size that I use, and now my mom as well. I can tell you that for me, gone are the chicken lips, and say hello to Jolie lips from now on. You can find this company at www.isabellapelle.com/bestlipbalm.html One more thing, this company ships 4 free anywhere in the world. Know of any company that does that? with any size order? I don't. ...;) michelle

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I do but very rarely. I like Too Faced Lip Injection Mask. It does work but, I use it only for special occasions. I dont like the feel of the blood rushing to the lips and honestly its uncomfortable.I get anxious using it. There are lipsticks/glosses which plump the lips with menthol and I find that they are much gentler to use. Soap & Glory set of 4 glosses they are really nice and have the menthol with them. They give a nice sheen on the lips too. Rimmel also have some lipsticks which have the menthol in them and I find they are less destructive on the lips in the longrun.

Last edited by amyuk; 05/16/09 03:16 PM.
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
We dont have Sallys in the UK. We have Superdrug. I love Clarins lip glosses,grown up plumping and a slight shimmer. Gloss Appeal 03 Paradise I am trying out. I loved the sorbet shades in the instant light collection too. Yet I am worried they won't last 5 minutes as they are a little low on contents. I am going to go sun myself, I think.

Last edited by amyuk; 05/24/09 10:12 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Keep in mind that irritation is irritation. LOL. It doesn't matter if it's natural (cinnamon oil, peppermint oil, menthol, camphor and others) or a manufactured synthetic (DuWop secret sauce). :-)

Again, I am not saying don't plump your lips at all! I am just warning against fooling yourself into thinking a 'natural' irritant is any better for you. :-)

Just plump with care when you really want a hot look, not for daily, constant use.

Last edited by Jilly; 06/07/09 12:16 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Here is a review of the Hot Pants lip glossers that have a plumper I am not too opposed to. The irritants are minimal and there are healing agents right in the formula:

Hot Pants Lip Gloss Review

...Of course the MOST natural way to irritate your lips is to chew on them...a last ditch resort if you don't have any makeup on you and someone wants to take a photo. :-) Watch out for chappage, afterwards.

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
ahh great post Jilly. The light up lip gloss I am wondering in the uk if the alternative is Rimmel Lip Beam. I purchased one by a company called MemeMe.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you so much. I need to pull out an article on lip plumpers soon.

I have not heard of that one. What are the ingredients?

Last edited by Jilly; 06/13/09 09:22 PM.
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Im unsure of the ingredients. teh website for the products might be more helpful. It doesnt say on the back.

I had a bit of a buying horror recently a company online called Jolair which is needless to say closing down for the second time. I received an email to say sorry it's sold out and I tried phoning them and you only get answer machine. Ok they refunded me the rest but, when items are placed in the basket and sold to me I expect them to be mine. It's doing my head in.

Last edited by amyuk; 06/16/09 09:51 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Huh, interesting. I am sorry this is stressful for you! I personally get nervous when I can't see ingredients in cosmetics.

For example, there is NO WAY I would ever try a moisturizer on my face without knowing what is in the formula. There are some ingredients I know I react to and I really don't like getting zits as a result. :-)

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A

I dont know the ingredients as it's on the box. I am allergic to a lot of things but, it was really cheap and well, I have only used it once. I don't like Rimmel products as I am allergic to the lipgloss.
I dont like mineral make up. I like estee lauder,Clarins and YSL for eyeshadows. OMBRES QUADRILUMI�RES.
Face cream as soon as there is a rash it goes in the bin. I just threw some out yesterday. I don't like to use a cream after a month. Most expensive buy I have is LISSE EXPERT ADVANCED.
The ingredients might not be that safe but, I like the coverage.I use estee lauder make up base fresh air. I purchased it recently and I found it breaks down millia too. Although, it is a litle greasy for sensitive skin.
My favourite item was a set my sister bought me clarins colour cubes my ex was curious looking at them and stuck his finger in one of them b accident. I threw it in a draw deciding to bin it or not.
Lancaster spf30 face cream anti-aging I like using also.I use a lot of suncreams as moisturisers.
I probably switch too much with creams but, I get use to them quickly and find they stop working. I always return to Weleda's Skin Food.

as the company Joliar...the items arrived. Problem. The concealer was in medium not light and one item missing. They have blocked my emails so, I cant ask them where the items are. the phoneline isn't working either. So I thought I would wanr people not to buy from them.

A lot of items I try are testers. I like to know if I am going to be able to continue using them. As, I have sensitive skin it isn't worht purchasing a full sized item if my skin is going to erupt in a few days time.

Last edited by amyuk; 06/18/09 06:18 AM.
B
B
Amyuk, since you don't like using creams for long periods have you ever considered making your own cosmetics. There are tons of websites that show you how, you don't need lots of expensive equiptment or ingredients (unless you want to) and you control what goes into them. They are considerably cheaper to make than you might think. I too have very sensitive skin and have been making my own cosmetics for years. The only thing I purchase anymore is anti-perspirant, and hair dye. Gotta cover that gray! You can make your products all natural, or there are sites that will sell you cosmeceuticals in small inexpensive batches. It's not hard and doesn't take long, even when first learning. My skin has never looked or felt better, I no longer suffer from rosacea or breakouts, and I've a few extra bucks in my purse. Just somethin' I thought ya might like to look into. Victoria

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A

I have thought about it, but I am in the UK and so far I haven't found anything that has a base cream that doesn't contain things I am allergic to I can't use aqueous or E45 cream.
I have decided to look into taking a course on this perhaps it will be the way forwards in solving my problem skin.
Thanks Victoria.

S
S
I don't use any kind of lip plumber. I use lipsticks and lip glosses in case of chapped lips.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.