logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#487954 01/25/09 06:37 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
What are your Super Bowl party standbys? What do you always serve and what do your family/guests always ask you to make?

What about themes? Do you theme your Super Bowl celebration? What about these Super Bowl Theme Menus ?

Chef Catherine Bridges
Sandwiches @ Bellaonline
Mom, wife, chef and writer!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
My sister-in-law has a superbowl party every year. We always have gobs of food! (way too much as usual) She always asks me to make an appitizer (for about 50 guests)So actually since I saw your post, I was going to ask if there was anything new out there?

Mary Caliendo

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Appetizers: hot wings, veggie tray, meat patties (chicken & beef)(always ask), crab mousse dip (always ask), mexican layered dip. Main course: chili, french bread, salad, cheese tray and what the guests bring. Dessert: someone always brings

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Oooh, I forgot about the layered dip. Love it. I'll make that this game.

My husband also loves bacon-wrapped asparagus (grilled) and bacon-wrapped waterchestnuts (rolled in brown sugar and baked).

The usual guacamole, salsa and onion dips. Pizza. Polish sausages. But then, we also grill teriyaki chicken and beef and make a bunch of salads. I kind of miss having a big long sandwich so we might bring that this year!

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
According to Ted Allen (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Top Chef) you can wrap anything in bacon and it will taste good, LOL!

Just in case you have people the might want some vegetables, I like doing what I call an antipasto salad.

Take any fresh, raw veggies you like (baby carrots, brocolli, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas, asparagus tips - you will want to quickly blanch these first)

Add some button mushrooms, chunks of mozzarella cheese (it is actually better to use the harder variety - not the soft fresh for this), and chunks of summer sausage

And you can add spiral pasta if you like (leave out if skipping carbs)

Mix up a quick marinade of Good Season garlic and herb dressing mix with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mix with all of the above. Let sit in fridge for at least an hour.

Voila`

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I don't know about anything new but if you want "wow" this will be gone first before anything:

Crab Mousse
1 10oz can cream of mushroom soup
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese
1 envelope of Knox gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tin crab meat (drained)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp curry ( I use 1/2)

Heat soup and cream cheese, stirring till smooth. Add gelatin to cold water and soften for 5 mins. Add gelatin to soup mixture. Add all ingredients and mix well. Pour into pam-sprayed mould. (I use a fish mold) Chill over night. Serve with cut bagettes.
The ingredients many not sound right together but is wonderful dip. I am laways asked for recipe.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Rats. I forgot I'm going vegetarian! Well, the layered dip is vegetarian!

Instead of wrapping with bacon, the asparagus can be battered and deep-fried. SO good! I got that idea from the Asparagus Festival and when I tried it at home it was KILLER! Choose thick spears and dip in batter. Fry and serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and some malt vinegar! Yumbo!

I can make Michelle's antipasto salad sans the meat, too. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Lori,

Here's a recipe for those really yummy fried green beans they serve at TGI Friday's (it is one of those copycat recipes) but I've tried it and it is very good - the saue really helps make it!
TGI Friday's Copy Cat Crispy Green Beans

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Thanks Michelle! I tried to copycat those green beans using panko, Japanese bread crumbs. They came out good but I'll try your recipe with regular bread crumbs. Also, I didn't cook my green beans before coating and they came out nicely cooked. I think that step is unnecessary.

For the dip, I just added wasabi to Ranch dressing, but this one with the cucumber will taste better for sure!

I really adore TGI Fridays green bean fries. They'll be on Sunday's menu!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
We just got Chinese food, we took the easy way out. I suppose we did get pretzles too! I'm not eating those though. smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.