Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#490052 02/01/09 05:09 PM
TrishD Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to stop in and introduce myself. I'm Trish Deneen, the new editor for the Great Lakes site here at BellaOnline.com.

I've lived in Michigan all my life except for a very short stint in California and am proud to call the Great Lakes region my home.

Please feel free to share your experiences of the Great Lakes as well as what you would like to see more of in the way of articles. Keep in mind, I'm just starting to post articles, so it will take some time to get the site up to speed.

Also, I am still in the training stage for this site for a couple of more weeks. After that period, I can put live links in my articles to make them easier to navigate. For now, if they refer to websites, I've given you a link to copy and paste.

I look forward to sharing with you my love of this area in my articles, newsletter, and here in the forum.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Trish - Great Lakes; 02/01/09 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Welcome!!

I grew up in Henderson, NY - right on Lake Ontario - very near Canada.

I get homesick more and more each winter, but if I go there to visit, it is during the summer months.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Sitcoms Website
Sitcoms Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi Trish,
Welcome. Where in Michigan do you live? I'm in northern Indiana - less than 10 miles from Michigan.

TrishD Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Lynne. I grew up in the burbs of Detroit but now live in a more rural area in a town not far from Ann Arbor in Southeast Michigan. As a child, my grandmother owned property in the Upper Peninsula, so I was lucky enough to gain an appreciation for both urban and rural areas.

Last edited by Trish - Great Lakes; 02/03/09 10:02 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Do you attend the Ann Arbor art fair? If I lived closer, I would go every year. smile

TrishD Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't been for years honestly. It's getting more crowded and too expensive, but I plan on attending some surrounding arts and craft fairs this year.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Trish,

Welcome! I'm so glad the Great Lakes forum is active again. I'm the new Mystery Books Editor, and am enjoying the training experience - I hope you are too.

I was born and raised in the Lansing area, but Mom was born and raised in the UP. She came to EMU, met Dad, and never left mid-MI. She was from the Hessel/Cedarville area, and we still have relatives there. We spent many a summer up there, as well as other trips to visit or for reunions. My grandparents lived up there most of their lives.

I love MI, and the Great Lakes, and have traveled extensively around most of the state.

Again, welcome, I am looking forward to your articles and the discussion on this forum.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks so much for the welcome Edie. I am enjoying your Mystery Books site too. My grandmother had property in Cedarville that sadly had to be sold later on, but it was beautiful, and the family enjoyed going to the UP. She really instilled a love for nature in all of us.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to log out as the Pagan editor and log back in as the Great Lakes editor, but it is me really. shocked

Last edited by TrishPaganEd; 02/09/09 02:24 PM.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Trish,
And welcome, I am originally from the burbs on the East Side of Detroit, but have transplated to California 20+ years ago. We come back to Michigan every year since we bought a cottage next door to my grandma in the Thumb Area.

I look forward to your articles.

Marge Colletta
Marge's Random Life
Knitting Guild of Santa Cruz
"I will not let the non-knitters of the world decide how normal I am"~Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I've been to every state in your area -

Ohio
Indiana
Illinois
Michigan
Wisconsin
Minnesota

They are such a great group of states. We have friends in Michigan and there are some great wineries out there!

Minnesota has the northernmost point in the entire contiguous US!!

That's a cool claim to fame smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.