Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
This is a discussion that goes along with my article for the week on How to Properly Shampoo Hair.

Now I know everyone will have their own views and opinions and one of the things I would like to see happen is for others to talk about what has worked when shampooing your hair. Also what doesn't work.

So please feel free to post comments, questions and suggestions. Feel free to discuss the article and ask me questions if there is something you are not clear on.

If I do not have the answer I will find it for you within reason.

So come in let's talk hair.

If you have not read the article, you can view it here:

How To Properly Shampoo Your Hair

What length is your hair
multiple choice, up to 1 choices
Votes accepted starting: 02/01/09 03:31 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
good article. I would however suggest, that a person always shampoo twice. The first shampoo is to remove surface dirt and oils, and a second shampoo will thoroughly penetrate and clean the whole hair and scalp.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Is there any shampoo that actually helps with split ends? I don't mind getting my ends snipped, but I'm trying to actually grow my hair longer and every time I get it to shoulder length, my stylist needs to "trim my ends" which takes it back to short again. The last 2 times I went in, I wouldn't let her trim it, but now she is telling me that my ends are getting "really bad". This happens with EVERY stylist I've gone to except for one that I had when I lived in New York. She managed to trim without taking off any noticable length.
I see advertisments for shampoo that repairs split ends, but is there such a thing? HELP!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
Elephant
Only regular trims, good shampoos and GREAT conditioners, and not using brushes on wet hair will get rid of your split ends.

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Jase,
You know what's kind of funny about it? She blow drys my hair and ALWAYS uses a brush with the blow dryer!!! and AND she's got this yank thing she does with it. I'm thinking she must not like me too much smile

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
Elephant
It all depends on if it was done with a round brush which is designed to be used with a blow dryer. It smooths the cuticles and helps with the drying process. other brushes just breaks the hair.

N
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
N
Yeah, regular get trims your hair and apply conditioner ! Hope it will be worthful to your hair.

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Also Dianne Avon has a anti-frizz serum used s just for dry ends and frizzy ends.

If you want to grow your hair longer give extra care to the ends. If possible wear your hair in a way that will tuck your ends so they don't die and split.

Up-do hair styles are the best or even a bun. How you wear your hair and what hair styles you go with will make a lot of difference for your ends.

The hair at the root level with take care of itself but the ends will need extra work in order to aquire length.

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Yes you are absolutely right, although I have to wash my hair almost everyday or a least every 2 days. Because of the frequency of washing my hair I really do only have to wash once.

Now if you wait longer in between washes say once a week or every two weeks, then a second wash would definitely be in order. Some times three depends.

This was one of those things I left up to the reader to decide for themselves. If they feel they need another wash then so be it.

Also it depends on how good your shompoo is and how hot your water is when washing the hair. If you have good shampoo it may not take 2 washes. There are some shampoos that can make your hair squeaky clean just by one wash. THen there are those you have to fight with using more shampoo then needed.

When you wash your hair a second time, even though it is thought to help thoroughly cleanse the scalp and hair, it is really the way we strip our hair of all its natural oils and for African Americans or any one with kinky, tightly coiled hair, it can take up to 2 weeks for the moisture to be replaced in the hair and even make it to our ends.

If done corretly 1 wash is enough to really clean your. We are creatures of habits though.

i always shampoo twice...a little annoying but it's the only way to get it as clean as in the salon!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.