Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Life coaching is about closing the gap between where you are now and what you want. To do this, there are many tools life coaches use. Some of the tools are activities, others are ways of thinking/behaving. I've listed a few below.

**Self-Assessment Questionnaires/Strength-Weakness Inventories

**Goal setting

**Journaling

**Law of Attraction

**Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)

**To-Do Lists/Planning/Schedules

**Affirmations

Are any of these tools part of your every day life in term os activities or personal life philosophy? I use all but NLP, which I need to learn more about. It's the basis of many life coaching programs.

Last edited by leahmullen; 02/01/09 02:21 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I have to add another tool, which is similiar to "Affirmations" which is Self-Talk. Life coaches teach you to listen to your "Inner Voice." That's another tool of the trade.

Last edited by leahmullen; 02/03/09 08:56 AM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
Thank you for sharing such a valuable thoughts with us "Leahmullen".

S
S
Life Coaching is a profession that is profoundly different from consulting, mentoring, advice, therapy, or counseling. There are many benefits of having certification.. I am also looking forward to the certification..

Last edited by Sophie Barnes; 10/27/11 08:26 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Leah -

What a fantastic list to work with! We should all print this and look for ways to use each one.

Let's see how I'm doing.

I don't think I do these enough. If you posted one every month or so I'll watch the forum and keep an eye out for them. I think they can be really helpful.

**Goal setting
I'm a strong believer in goal setting, on a 5 year, 1 year, and short term basis. I think aiming for goals helps greatly.

**Journaling
I'm also a strong fan of journaling. I both try to journal at night, as a summary, and I also try to journal in the morning to get my tasks organized. I'm not very good at all at the morning ones. Usually I just plow into my to-do list.

**Law of Attraction
I'm not sure about this one. How could I implement this?

OK completely lost on this smile

Yes I absolutely believe in these and they help me greatly. I keep a daily list as well as a 3-month running calendar.

**Affirmations
I have "weight milestones" that I hang on my mirror to focus on the 5 pound goal I am currently aiming for. That does help. I affirm that I can reach it. I should add affirmations into more areas of my life.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, my turn -
I do these frequently due to my self esteem classes and counseling. They help me see where i am at from various times.

**Goal setting
I am working on seasonal goals right now. That is as far as i can mentally see things happening. Even one year off is too wacky - my life changes so frequently.

**Journaling
I don't like journaling, but i do use this forum and facebook as my journals, essentially.

**Law of Attraction
I do try to draw to me positive things to me in my thoughts. I could do much better here.

WTF? smile

I am a huge to do list person. I can't keep my head on straight without some kind of short term and long term list. It makes me feel both overwhelmed, and safer. Weird combo.

**Affirmations
Not a huge affirmations person. It feels goofy.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jill -

I'll ask Leah to come lend us a hand smile

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Hi All,

My apologies for the confusion.

This is from the Association for NLP's website:

"NLP stands for 'Neuro Lingusitic Programming' and NLP is frequently known as the "instruction manual for your mind".

NLP looks at the way in which we think and process our thoughts (Neuro), the language patterns we use (Linguistic) and our behaviours (Programming) and how these interact to have a positive (or negative) effect on us as individuals. It is a collection of a wide range of methods and models which create an understanding of thought process and behaviour..."

The Association for NLP

Here is an article I wrote about NLP a few years ago.

Neuro-Linguistic Programming

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Leah -

Thank you for the links! I'm afraid that I'm still confused about exactly what NLP entails. I don't have a strong sense about how to implement NLP in my own daily life. It has something to do with the things we say and how they affect our behavior. But I don't know what.

Is there a book you recommend to learn more about how NLP can be applied in an individual's growth?

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Lisa,

I�ve read many books like Curly Martin�s The Life Coaching Handbook: Everything You Need To Be An Effective Life Coach, which touch on NLP. However, I have to admit, I haven�t read an entire book devoted to the practice as of yet.

Now that the subject has come up, I see it�s time to dig deeper. Here are two books I�m going to order from the library.

Unstoppable confidence! : how to use the power of NLP to be more dynamic and successful / Kent Sayre.

Law of connection : the science of using NLP to create ideal personal and professional relationships / Michael J. Losier.

Michael Losier also wrote Law of attraction : the science of attracting more of what you want and less of what you don't , one of my favorite books!

I�ll read these NLP books and once I�ve digested the information, I�ll post again�and of course write an article!

Last edited by leahmullen; 11/28/11 07:57 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.