Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#474345 12/09/08 02:37 PM
S
sharan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Did anyone see the premiere of Leverage on Sunday night on TNT? I thought it was a great new show with the "Robin Hood" touch. Or as they said White King, Black Knight; or was it White Knight, Black King? Anyway I sure enjoyed it. It's on TNT tonight at 9 Central I think. (Check your local listings) Try it out.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
I love Leverage! I came to it late and had to get caught up a little, but I'm really enjoying it. It's such a clever, fun show, with great character interactions. I especially love Parker.

MaryEllen, Animal Life Editor
Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I loved the Ocean's Eleven series of movies and this is very much like that. So we've been watching it on DVR.

On one hand I really like the "clever thieves" aspect of it, the sneaking around and so on.

On the other hand, the sub-plot about Sophie (British-accent lady) and Nate really bugs me a lot. Sophie is always very snide and petulant about Nate not falling in love with her and ragging on him. That is not enjoyable to me!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
She is a little b*tchy, isn't she? Especially lately, she seems more snippy than she was earlier in the show. I like the way Nate sometimes puts her in her place, though. The ep I just watched she got all upset because she said that he didn't remember when they met, and she whined about it the whole episode, and at the end he corrected her - turned out he was right! Snap!

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Right, that was the one that especially bugged me. The one before that with the wedding bugged me too. Heck, people forget things! Even actually married couples forget sometimes dates and events. It's normal. For her to keep harassing Nate who she's not even dating about forgetting dates seems troublesome.

I try not to watch a lot of TV, and out of the few shows I watch I like to see things that really have meaning to me. I love the "layer on layer" mental challenges of Leverage. However, if it's going to turn into a soap opera of sniping, that makes me not really want to watch!

Low Carb Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
Last night's ep was really good, and Sophie wasn't as snide, at all. It was a very emotional episode, and both Sophie and Nate got to play really good characters for the con. I love it when they transform themselves into other people for the cons. Nate especially is always really entertaining.

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
LOL in fact before the episode started I said to Bob "OK I will count how often Sophie nags at Nate" and it turns out she was really good! So I wonder if they purposefully dialed it back after that previous episode. I agree, I liked that one. Although I don't like it when they purposefully film a scene that makes it look like you see the "entire scene" and then later they reveal "Oh wait there was extra dialogue that you somehow missed before"

Low Carb Forum
M
Shark
Shark
M
Oh, I agree! that really annoyed me. I don't mind if things happen off-screen and then there is a flashback to a whole scene that we didn't see, but it bugs me when they just edit out part of the scene and then show it later - that's cheating.

Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
They did that sometimes on Ocean's Eleven too - showing that you had only seen half of what was going on. So I think that is where they got their lead. It annoyed me in Ocean's Eleven though smile You should always see the whole story but you should have to really pay attention to see the "things going on in the background". They shouldn't be completely off-screen but critical to the storyline smile

Low Carb Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.