Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#488737 01/28/09 12:41 PM
M
mkb Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I keep hearing about how if you eat eggs for breakfast, it will keep you full longer. I have never experienced this. As a matter of fact, if I eat eggs, guaranteed that I will be hungry in an hour or two. However, if I eat my usual oatmeal or 2 slices of toast, I will be good for hours. I had my toast this morning around 7:45am and as of 12pm, I'm still not hungry. I find that if I eat protein, I will be hungrier sooner but if I eat a carb (bread or oatmeal), I am full for much longer. Can anyone explain this to me???

Sponsored Post Advertisement
mkb #492560 02/10/09 10:42 AM
I always like eggs in breakfast

A
A
This happens with me also and wondering why this happens.

Top cell phone ringtones for mobile freaks
B
B
I am fond of eating eggs at breakfast because it is easy to prepare.I did not notice if it was easily digested in my stomach or not,but the most wonder the eggs made to me was it sustained the energy I needed at my hospital work during the early hour of the day.It keep me going amids the emergencies,the panics,the rush of paperworks..until the time my feet and muscles ache but my stomach is still full.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I LOVE eggs for breakfast, but they play havoc with my stomach - almost like milk. I can eat them for dinner (sometimes we switch up) and I'm fine, just not breakfast. weird...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
maybe its just to heavy for you. My mom cant eat anything but toast in the morning. (oh and we love breakfest for supper at our house lol)

Cavelle Layes
Canadian Culture
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I was thinking something similar; but more along the lines of stomach acids are building up and settling in the stomach overnight.

Eating toast or other bread items helps to "absorb" those acids - but eggs (especially if cooked in butter or with cheese) can be greasy and make the acids worse.

Maybe if you try eating toast first, give it a few minutes and then eat the eggs, that will give your stomach time to settle.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Eggs alone would not be very filling for me either. I like to combine them with a high fiber, whole grain bread for toast and I'm full until well into lunchtime.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Those are interesting thoughts on the whole "I really can't/shouldn't eat eggs for breakfast" issue. Eggs with cheddar cheese - oh yum, but not for breakfast.

I usually eat a bagel. Funny thing though.. Whenever I eat ANYTHING for breakfast, I'm usually hungrier before lunch time. If I don't eat...I can last until lunch...not a great habit, but just an observation of myself. smile

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
That is actually normal - it means your metabolism starts working earlier.

The problem with not getting hungry until after lunchtime, is that your metabolism (that part that burns off caloris) is not active until then either., and then it shut down when you go to sleep.

When working with a nutrionist for my GBS, she said after I got past my initial phases, all of my meals should consist of a complex carb (for fast energy and hunger control) and a protein for longer energy and holding control). It takes a lot longer to break down a protein, so you won't feel satisfied right away - unless you eat way too much of it.

But if you eat both together, then you satisfy both the immediate craving and the Hold me over type..

And the earlier you eat, the faster your metabolism starts working.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Michelle you are so right, I've heard that before too. I try not to skip breakfast. I usually skip more on the weekends though because I'm just not that hungry when I get up to excited to get up and start the day.
But now that I've been eating my last meal of the day for 6, I've been pretty hungry by morning.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
I love eggs, but not cleaning the mess. I would eat them all the time if I had the time to make them and clean up. Try scrambled eggs with feta cheese, I bet they will be the best eggs ever! I also love french toast. yummy! And yes, eggs fill me for hours. Mattie a la mode

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.