Print Thread
#475838 12/16/08 01:15 AM
C
cela Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
In another forum, someone asked what others would do with an oddly shaped room--12' X 6'--with two windows and one door. I thought that might be a fun thing for us "budget decor" junkies to tackle. How would YOU use this room? (I don't know where it is in relation to the other rooms of the house, and I don't know which walls contain the door and/or windows. Use your imaginations.)

cela
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Oh I can't wait to tackle this one, our new house has an odd room. It hasn't changed much since the before picture. I wanted it to be a library but the walls aren't straight, so bookshelves need to be custom made, I guess. I don't know. I can't wait to see what everyone else's ideas are, thanks for asking this. I'll look up a few ideas I have and put something together.

C
cela Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Okay, I'll start. I'm hoping the windows are about a foot apart in the middle of one 12' wall and that this room is next door to a full bath room. I'd use the room as a library AND guest room for people under 6' tall! I'd put a nice built-in platform with storage underneath across one 6' end of the room and some nice built-in book shelves floor to ceiling on the other 12' wall. This wall would also contain the single door in the room, and the bookshelves would surround the door. The platform built-in would hold a piece of dense foam cut to fit the platform. It could double as a place to lounge while reading or as a bed for someone under 6' tall. I'd put a row of decorative hooks on the window wall, so, a guest could hang a few things. When there is not a guest using the room, the "bed" would be covered to look like a seat.

cela
Well, it sounds like it's perfect for an office. Almost everyone has an office these days. Counter tops are so cheap to buy, yes just like in your kitchen. I would run a counter top all the way around the room at desk height and place metal file cabinets underneath and all your office things, computers, files, etc. on the counter itself. Then just roll from one area to the other in your office chair.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Using counter top is a great way to save on a corner desk. You can sometimes find a sheet of counter top on freecycle or craigslist. Cut a notch from the back corner so you can run the cords between the counter & the wall. Great ideas, guys. In my house it would be a library. i was able to use two different shelving units to make my not-so-straight walls fit together better. NOW- to figure out what to do with the stuff on the floor so I can take a picture of it all.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.