E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Several celebrities have written or co-written recent mysteries:

Eileen Davidson of the Young and the Restless released Death in Daytime last fall. Her first novel was coauthored by Bob Randisi. They are in the process of writing Dial Emmy for Murder.

Joan Rivers and coauthor Jerrilyn Farmer wrote Murder at the Academy Awards, the first novel in the new Red Carpet Murder Mystery Series. Their book is due next month.

Eileen's husband, Vince Van Patten, wrote The Picasso Flop, a poker murder mystery published in 2007.

The only other celebrity mystery author I know of at this point is Margaret Truman, daughter of former president Harry S. Truman.

Has anyone read any of the books already published by the above authors? Do you know of any other celebrity mystery authors?

Last edited by Edie - Mystery Books; 04/09/09 07:26 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
I don't know if it's officially a mystery but I tried to read Vampyres of Hollywood by Adrienne Barbeau and someone else and it was so awful, I couldn't finish it. It was a mystery involving vampyres - why she spelled it weirdly I don't know.

Edited by highlighting Adrienne Barbeau's name.

Last edited by Edie - Mystery Books; 04/01/09 05:24 AM.

Barbara Sharpe

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
That is certainly an unusual title - obviously not a best seller, right?

I've read a couple of books in the last several months that were really horrible. One was a print book, as opposed to the pdf's I usually receive from that particular site, and I have to write a positive-slant review of the book. Let me see, how many ways can I say "positively" how awful the book really is?

It's really disappointing to pick up a book to read and it is so bad you just can't continue.

Okay, what other celebrity mystery authors are there?

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Another celebrity mystery book author may be familiar to long-time soap opera fans.

Harley Jane Kozak (ex Mary, Santa Barbara, 1985-86; ex-Annabelle, Guiding Light, 1983-1985) has just published her fourth mystery novel, A Date You Can't Refuse.

In a recent article, Harley said she has filmed a couple of independent movies recently although most of her time is spent raising her children and writing mystery novels.

If you know of a celebrity who has written a book in the mystery genre, we would love to hear your opinion of their work.

Teaser alert: I just ordered a mystery written by the brother of a famous actor, and will post a review as soon as I finish the book.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Although it's not yet released in the U.S., I am adding Hugh Laurie's best-selling (in France) spy spoof, The Gun Seller.

I would love to read his book and I hope it does make it across the pond!

He wants to turn the book into a feature film. I wonder who the star would be?

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Another celebrity mystery author to add to your list is Richard Belzer of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit fame. He has written:

I Am Not A Cop!
I Am Not A Psychic!

Last edited by Edie - MysteryBooksEd; 09/27/09 03:26 PM.
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Al Roker has an audio book mystery coming out in November 2009 called The Morning Show Murders. Random House has the hardcover available for preorder for $26.00.

Here is the blurb from the publisher:

Nobody can dish morning TV like Al Roker, who's seen every side of a business that looks good on camera - even when sharks are circling inside the gleaming glass Manhattan media headquarters. Treachery abounds in Roker's riotously thrilling debut novel - at once an ingenious murder mystery and a delicious behind-the-scenes look at network TV. As fact and fiction collide and the backbiting ignites, The Morning Show Murders will make you wonder: How much of this stuff is real?

The Morning Show Murders is available for preorder through Amazon.com. (Audio only, right now)

Last edited by Edie - MysteryBooksEd; 10/03/09 09:39 AM.
K
K
Ron Ely--remember Tarzan?--wrote a couple of mysteries and so has Stephen Collins (dad on 7th Heaven). Actress Harley Jane Kozak (of PARENTHOOD) has written a couple about an actress and her mother. I think the first one was called DEAD MEN DON'T DATE.

Katherine Tomlinson
southern Cooking
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Wow! Thanks so much for updating this list. I think it's interesting how many celebrities have written mysteries. I do remember Ron Ely - I grew up watching Tarzan in all his various forms smile.

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
How about Willard Scott? (preceeded Al Roker as the Today Show weatherman...) He co-authored the Stanley Waters mysteries with the very popular mystery author - Bill Crider.

Also, Steve Allen (preceeded Johnny Carson as the Tonight Show host...) wrote a mystery series which featured his wife (Jayne Meadows... an actress) and Steve as the sleuths.

Last edited by DannaCozyMystery; 11/11/09 03:32 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.