Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
N
Know of anyone named Ariel or Esmeralda?

If so, they might have been named (either consciously or not) after Disney characters. smile

Check out my most recent article, Disney Character Baby Names.

Now, a question for you:

Are there any names you like because you associate them with Disney characters?

Conversely, are there any names you dislike because you associate them with Disney characters?

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hmmm... I must say that where I live, that is in Poland, it would be quite weird to call a child Ariel. Not because it's a name from Disney cartoon but because somebody already used it to call the washing powder - that became quite popular. When I hear the name Ariel I first think of a washing powder and than of mermaid from Disney cartoon:)

But I really love name Wendy:) and I indeed associate it with Disney character. At least that's the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear that name.

Barbara Swiech, Polish Culture Editor
Polish Culture Website
Polish Culture Forum
BookAdvisor.Eu
L
L
I adore Anastasia, so much so that it's in my top 3! The one thing that used to turn me off about it (now I don't mind) is Disney! But really, the name has so much history with the Russian family anyway that even without the Disney movie, it'd have been connected so...I still love it!

I also love Esmeralda nn Esme! However, with this one, I think that the Disney pull almost makes it unusable (for me). I guess because she's a gypsy and they portray the gypsys in not the best light...

Fantasia.. I think it's a gorgeous name, and I had one in my sociology class this semester (college) she's probably in her early twenties now... But I will admit I thought it was rather weird when she introduced herself!

Many of the names I do think of the characters but it doesn't have THAT much of a pull for me, ie Alice, Wendy, Belle, Aurora, Bianca, and Oliver

On the flipside though, I am currently debating whether or not Penelope should be crossed off my list or not due to the new exposure and the "pig" connection becoming even stronger...

I don't want my beloved Penelope becoming like Annabelle! (the cow)!

Another favorite of mine, Saphira (will probably be my first daughters name) was used in Eragon as the dragon! I was so mad when Eragon came out and I read it! Saphira was a girl I knew in FOURTH GRADE, and it's been in my head ever since! How dare they uncover that gorgeous gem before I get to use it! lol

Anita full time student, name-nerd, and single teen mommy to Donovon Cole Michael
B
B
I've always thought Jasmine was a lovely name. Sounds like a real beauty to me; I think Disney is somewhat responsible for that. Probably either Jasmine or Ariel are the most usable names from among the Disney animated heroines. There are other names for which the connotations are just too strong, e.g. Cinderella.

Baby Name Brainstorm ~BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
S
S
how about mulan ..or jasmine

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
I associte the name Wendy because thats my mom name with the girl that runs to neverland and then grows up and has two kids! Just like my mom! Also i love that name Ariel, my friend is named that and she has the red hair too, so it matches perfectly! I actually was just looking at disney names for kids, and i like the name Nala from Lions king! Also with Ariel i made that into Ariela, i like it! I like simpleserenade89's names of Mulan and Jasmine!!!!!

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B

K
K
I LOVE the Name minette (Minnie for short) but i dont like associating it with a mouse. I also had a friend in middle school from Peru named Ursula but couldnt help but think of the evil sea witch from ariel when i heard her name!

C
C
We named our daughter Jasmine, simply because we really liked the name. A lot of people thought that we did it after the Disney movie but that was actually almost a deterrent for us because that's what people automatically assume. I'm very glad we did name her that and it suits her completely.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.