Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Lisa, congratulations on becoming an editor. I am a new editor also.

I have been a Christian for many years, but got burned by a pastor (and his secretary) several years ago, as many others did in that church. He is no longer a pastor, but the harm he caused before he was removed is tragic.

That said, for many years I have looked at other religions and their beliefs, always feeling like I never quite found the right place. Although I still consider myself a Christian, I am struggling getting back into any church. Therefore, during the last several years I have been seeking where I belong in the spirit realm. Don't know if that makes sense, but I am glad to find this site. Hopefully, I will learn from you and the others who post here.

Someday, I am sure my personal spiritual ship will right itself once again, but the journey is sure taking a lot longer than I expected. I will read your articles and see if that helps me gain the proper perspective I need to move on, spiritually speaking.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Edie, welcome to BellaOnline and this forum. My own spiritual journey has taken me in a lot of different directions as well. I hope you find some food for thought (and soul) here. Be sure to check out the Spirituality and Meditation forums too if you haven't already, as they offer a lot of non-denominational references, themes and books that you might benefit from too.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
S
S
Hi Lisa, I posted a reply ( Law of attraction ) and then doing the introduction. Sorry about that. I practice Vipassana meditation and spent around 3.5 years studying and practicing the teachings of the Buddha, off my work ( i quit my job for this ). Now I am back to work , but think a lot of Dhamma and how best to apply it in my daily , "ordinary" life and I am quite bent upon practicing this meditation to the best of my abilities or paramis and serve humanity, in my own small way, perhaps proportional to whatever levels I develop in my practice. This meditation aligns with Theravada tradition. I work in the software industry and still wondering if I am doing the right thing though.

Koala
Koala
To Lisa,

Like most men,Idid not read the instruction manual before starting invading this site.Well it is done now.

your student
loong

Koala
Koala
To my Teacher,

After rereading ,the (rules) now I see why people might find me aggressive.My whole life is dedicated to Buddhism,however respecting all other phylosophy and religions.

Will try to be less strict.

loong
Mahayana,with a bit of Tibetan.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Loong, you have been fine here in this forum, but yes, we want this to be accessible to everyone. It's not helpful to anyone to judge their practice. All we do is present our own understanding of Buddhism as best we can, knowing that we are all always in the midst of practice, and therefore may at any given time have a limited view. Doing our best in the moment is all that is asked.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Hi I am 'Kopila' from Nepal, the birth place of Buddha and the Buddhist philosophy.
I am an agnostic so far by belief and I am still researching / learning more about Buddhism. In Kathmandu, we have Vajrayana Buddhism and Hindu Tantra mixed up making it very unique and complicated. Recently it has also become learning centre of Tibetan Buddhism.
Being in Nepal and the Himalayas, we see, hear and come across rituals and practices all the time. I am always curious and every time I learn more. So I never leave a chance to learn either it is internet or real life.
I hope to hear great stuffs from people around the world.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.