Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#485088 01/15/09 02:02 AM
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I'm going to vent a little.

Tonight I went to my gym to do my weight workout. I usually go about 8 or 9 PM (it's open 24 hrs) because there are fewer people. My husband and I go together. He does his thing and I do mine.

Tonight there was a couple doing the thing that I HATE. They were sitting on the machines next to each other and just talking. They would use the machine for 1 rep and then sit and talk for 10 minutes. I would stand near the machine, they would glance over and turn back to their conversation.

If I keep moving from machine to machine I can get my heart rate up into the target range. Not tonight.

Vent over.

Paula Laurita
Italian Food Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
OK, why not say something? People that rude do NOT get it because ... they are THAT rude...

Frankly I go to Curves to avoid both that problem(as on MUST move along) and well, men...whom I have found not only hog the equipment
they tend to sweat on it and walk off after standing there sighing loudly and looking at their watch while I struggle to get the machine back into a shape that matches me...

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
The gym is a public place where people are expected to act like they were taught in elementary school. We share. We take turns. We consider those around us.

I like the fact that the people holding up your workout are able to talk and workout together. There is nothing wrong, however, with letting them know you are ready to use that particular machine.

A simple smile and an, "I'm sorry to interrupt but this machine is next on my weight lifting regime." Let's them know that they need to either step it up or talk somewhere else and then workout.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
My gym pet peeve- people with bad breath. You know you get on the treadmill next to the guy who is panting and you have to hold your nose because his breath is attrocious...then you have to move to another treadmill because his breath is so bad you cant even exercise next to him.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My pet peeve are the people that just leave the machine sweaty and move on to the next machine instead of using the disinfectant towels. Yuck... Sometimes I act like maybe they can't find the towels and tell them that the container is right over there - and that sometimes they get moved. The containers really don't get moved, but now they know that someone is watching their unsanitary habits.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Our gym only has signs about wiping down the machines by the disinfectant. I do think that the gym can be more pro-active on this topic too. Aside from a few more encouraging signs, I do think the personnel could stop their chit-chatting at the front desk and work to "encourage" their patrons to sop up their sweat before moving on to another machine.

Moderated by  Decorum-Is-Key Lisa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.