#485005 01/14/09 09:58 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
From the weekly prompts -

January Weekly Prompts

January 11th - When an eagle flies there is a steady updraft on it's wings from the air current. As we make our way through life there are often those people around us who help encourage and uplift us. Name three people who have cheered you on, encouraged you or motivated you during your life. Explore what about their encouragement was such a blessing to you at that time.

Who has encouraged you?

At my first job my boss, Doug, was amazingly supportive. He was always calm, collected, gave me advice and was tolerant of my mistakes. It was wonderful working for him.

I've actually been exceptionally lucky with my bosses. My next boss, Shahri, was amazing in the same way. Supportive, understanding. As was my boss after that.

Looking back at my jobs, a job was great or not great pretty much solely based on my boss. The money I made didn't matter nearly as much as my boss supporting me, encouraging me, teaching me and being there to help out. That is what made or broke the job in every situation.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
There was a supervisor at my last job that took me under her wing and constantly encouraged me to do better. I have not seen her in about 7 years, but her words of encouragement help me to get through difficult situations to this day.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is so awesome Dianne, that she made such a lasting impact on you!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
You have encouraged me, Lisa. In the past year I have accomplished things that I never would have dreamed I would do. Thank-you.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
The three people (and more) who encouraged me were:

My mother - she was a second grade teacher, artist, writer, earned her Master's Degree in Education and Art after I was married. She was very creative in many areas. Did her best to get me on the right path. Unfortunately, I didn't always heed her advice. Now I wish I had.

A former Pastor took me under his wing at a time when I really needed that. In fact, I was attending a mega church at the time and several people were instrumental in my spiritual growth as well as helped me grow as a person.

I've had several older women who became personal friends during eight years in another city than mentioned above. We all attended the same church. I really appreciated their friendship and encouragement.

I think what blessed me about all of the people above was the time they were willing to spend with me. Sometimes I think I brush past people that I should take more time with. This prompt was a great reminder to slow down and take my time with those who are looking for a word of encouragement or a shoulder to lean on.

Thanks, Lisa.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
awww thank you Helen!

Edie - I don't think we ever heed advice as much as we should, but at least we hear it and appreciate it later on smile

I tried to track down some of my former bosses to thank them, and I can't find them on the web! That amazes me, when someone completely becomes invisible to the web smile

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.