#484876 01/14/09 12:45 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Procrastination is evidently a hot topic with lots of readers. Awhile ago I put the book The Now Habit: A Strategic Program for Overcoming Procrastination and Enjoying Guilt-Free Playby Neil Fiore on hold at the library because there was not one available copy.

However when I finally got the book I put off reading it. (Ironic no? I procrastinated on reading a book to help me with my procrastination. LOL). It's what we used to call back in the day "lunching." Since I lunched I tried to renew the book, but someone else put it on hold so I had to return it to the library before I finished reading.

At the library, I put it on hold again. The next time I get the book, I won't make the same mistake. Obviously I need Dr. Fiore's advice!

Have you missed out on opportunity due to procrastination? And if so, how did you get back on track? Please share.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
OK that is just toooo funny smile You've inspired me, I ordered it from Amazon to see why it's in such high demand!

I put off things I just don't want to do, and I'm sure it means I have missed out on quite a lot. I need to be able to start doing the "not great" as well as the "fun tasks" on my lists!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I tend to procrastinate quite a bit. I've got a ton of books out of the library to research more on my topic. They've all been sitting here by my computer. I'm thinking I need to get off the computer and start reading...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Lisa, from the little that I did read The Now Habit does seem to be helpful and worth the purchase. I didn't get to this part, but in the introduction he talks about working in "the flow" state and I LOVE this concept. Also this book works with helping readers to make quick decision. Something else I look forward to learning more about.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Dianne:

I actually do have one little trick for my procrastination. It doesn't work ALL of the time, but sometimes if I just work on something for 10 minutes everyday that makes me feel like I'm making some progress.

Here's something from one of my gurus Michelle Weiner-Davis. She writes about relationships, but some of her advice applies to other situations as well, she wrote that " Some say the hardest part about running is putting on your running shoes. And then, even if you tell yourself that you don't have to run too far that day, once you have your shoes on and you're running, why stop?"

I try to write every day for at least 10 minutes and it usually does turn out to be much more.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I did get the book on procrastination in today from Amazon.com - so I'll let you know when I read it smile

Definitely even 10 minutes is better than nothing! Small steps add up to big steps over time!

I try to always choose 3 things I really want to get done in a given day. If I finish those 3 things then I feel good about the day's progress and everything else is gravy.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
N
N
A lot! That is one of the many things I have to change in my life and so far so good because I have been doing what I said I would do since I restarted again.

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.