Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#484607 01/13/09 03:14 PM
E
Elowyyn Offline OP
OP Offline
E
I'm going to start by saying I rarely ever remember my dreams. Typically I tell people I don't dream at all. This fact is part of what is making me so curious about the dream I had the other night. Maybe I shouldn't use the word "dream," I don't know. It was more of a feeling. One moment that was remembered upon waking.... In the dream.... I was stressed out, wound up, exploding with frustration.... I raised my right arm to see my wrist. On it was a tattoo. I looked at it and started to breath slower and calm down. The tattoo was there to remind me to slow down, focus, and balance myself. I remember the feeling and the meaning of the tattoo better than what the actual image of it was. All I recall of the image was that it was fairly simple... not calligraphic (like the OM sign), but more like a line script. Black lines. Either 2 symbols on top of each other, or one longer symbol, but it was definitely longer than wide. I have this feeling that I need to find the symbol(s) and identify them and have them. Calming, and de-stressing is something I do need to work on in waking life. I started looking into symbolism today and have some books coming to help in the search. I'm not going to jump on the first symbol that seems to remotely fit the description. I need to make sure I find the right one(s). So far the only two that fit in with what I remember from my dream are Reiki symbols (Shoku Rei and Sei He Ki). I read up on what they mean and they fit perfectly with the remembered feeling and meaning, but I'm not sure about the practice of Reiki. It seems very hands on and I'm not someone that likes a lot of touch. Ideas?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hi Elowyn,

Feelings are actually sometimes the most important part of dreams. Have you looked at the I-Ching? I-Ching symbols are only composed of lines, some broken and unbroken. I think there are 64 possible hexagrams that can be formed. That might be worth a look ...

Lux,

E
Elowyyn Offline OP
OP Offline
E
No, I hadn't heard of that. I'll go see what I can find. Thanks! :)

Last edited by Elowyyn; 01/14/09 09:00 AM.

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.