Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I think it depends on where your eating. Some restaurants use a lot of oil in their moo goo gai pan and beef with broccoli. And some places have an option where you can have the meats and veggies steamed and then served with the sauce on the side. Wonton soup is usually pretty healthy in my opinon smile

Lila Voo, Chinese Food Editor
Chinese Food Site
Chinese Food Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I feel, some Chinese dishes are healthy like, soups, noodles, shrimp dishes, curry & sauces. I order the same whenever I visit Chinese restaurants in Detroit. But some dishes like szechuan fried-rice, szechuan fried noodles seem to be more oily.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 03/01/09 08:12 PM.

It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well - Rene Descartes
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I order egg drop soup, and steamed veggies and it seems really healthy to me! Of course you CAN order deep fried sugar-coated food too, but that's probably true in any cuisine smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Quote:
Some restaurants use a lot of oil in their moo goo gai pan and beef with broccoli.

I didn't realize this. I always order the moo goo gai pan when I am in the mood for ultra healthy because I thought it was always the healthiest option on the menu. From now on I will check with the waiter about the oil content.

Parakeet
Parakeet

I think Chinese food at most restaurants is bad for you but if you make it yourself or go to an upscale place you might get food that is more authentic and natural.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

A
A
I feel that chinese food in restaurants are quite unhealthy. Even stir-fries, they use quite a lot of oil. And famous dishes like lemon chicken, sweet and sour chicken, are all deep fried. But, if you get home cooked food, then the oil content can be controlled. ___________ my blog: partyplanningmenus.blogspot.com

Last edited by annabelc; 03/15/09 06:06 AM.
Amoeba
Amoeba
I love Chinese food, but I know the stuff I get when I eat out is not the healthy kind. When I fix Chinese food at home, I know it's much more healthy. But I just love Panda Express!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I'm pretty sure that every Chinese restaurant I've gone to has had steamed options. So you don't have to get the "fried in oil" food - you can go for the steamed dishes instead!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Hmmm. Traditionally, Chinese food is made with plenty of oils, pork and salt. But if you make your own Chinese food you can lighten up on the oils and sodium when you stir-fry.

It CAN be healthy but I don't think the restaurants worry about health first.

Also, you have to know what to choose. There are healthier options. Steamed fish (still has oil though), etc.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Healthy food = food that does not contain excessive proportions of fats and sugars but which contains a good proportion of protein, vitamins, minerals etc.
Unhealthy food = food that does contain excessive proportions of fats and sugars, but does not contain proportionate amounts of proteins, minerals, vitamins etc.

My eating pattern consists of predominately healthy foods - everything in moderation.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Lila_Chinese_Food 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.