Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#484169 01/12/09 05:15 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK normally I wait for things to come out on DVD but with 24 the various websites I visit for news often give away spoilers so I watch this "live" (although with a DVR so I can skip commercials - sometimes they completely ruin the mood!!)

Did anyone watch the first two episodes? What did you think?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK we are four hours in now. This is another series (with BG) that we watch on DVR and we just hit pause every once in a while and say "are they serious? Isn't this a huge plot hole?" smile

For example, they have the "shooter" coralled in a building and the FBI has it surrounded. One of the FBI guys helps the shooter escape, while Jack is standing outside with the female FBI agent (whose name escapes me). Jack points out the guy has escaped and the two of them go off after the shooter.

Then later on when the female FBI agent decides Jack must be a bad guy she says "oh and he must have helped the shooter escape, so therefore we have no leaks at all within our FBI system."

What??? Jack was right there with her. Clearly he did NOT help the shooter escape. Even if what she was saying was that Jack had inside help in the FBI to help the shooter escape, surely the FBI would want to figure out who was helping Jack out and track him down smile

Low Carb Forum
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
There are some flaws, as you mentioned, but I do love the adreneline rush and getting lost in the moment. Its a great escape so I don't try to analize it toomuch just watch it for what it is. Everything else on TV seems so bland and slow paced now. I am so glad though that Chloe is back. I am not keen on the new computer analyist although she was better in the 5 episode. Tonight's was really good.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
When I saw that first episode the first time I saw the "Chloe-type" new analyst (Janice?) I immediately thought she was there to be the Chloe-replacement. So it's cool that they have the "acutal" Chloe too being much more rational.

With many shows I overlook plot problems and aren't too picky about it. However on shows like 24 and Battlestar Galactica where everything is meant to be interwoven and tiny hints are supposed to have great implications later on, it bugs me when they get things wrong. I'm sitting there watching for the tiny clues of what something really means, and really it means the writers forgot about something smile

SPOILER ALERT

For example when Renee was "shot" by Jack and faked her death, she should have laid there "dead" until everyone left. Instead, when Jack comes over with ANOTHER PERSON who she isn't sure is in on the deception, she keeps her eyes open? That doesn't make any sense smile

Low Carb Forum
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
I suppose she should have kept her eyes closed, script wise, however in her situation would I have kept my closed, I don't know. Fear would have probably made me keep them open. I would need to know what was going on because just minutes before I assumed that Jack was a traitor and my head wouldn't have time to wrapped around fast enough the fact that he said he was going to try to save my life. I am still thinking he is a traitor. So, I think the writers try to write the script from each point of view which sometimes for clever and logiccal people can throw them off.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think I would have kept my eyes closed, to pretend to be dead, but would have peeked out of the corners so I knew what was going on smile

Low Carb Forum
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Well now she is free and I think there is romance in the air.

I don't know if you saw this weeks yet so I won't say anything further but its good.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yup I saw her release.

With the plane exploding by the white house - are they trying to claim that they somehow steered two planes to collide together just by telling them to go to X feet? What is the chance of that really happening, that they would be on an exact collision course at the exact to-the-foot same altitude and neither one is looking out their window? smile

Low Carb Forum
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
Thank God in real life that wouldn't happen! We know that 24 is extreme and needs to keep rolling to keep the adreneline going but thats abit over the edge. However, doesn't stop me from watching.

I do like the character Jack. There is something about the get in there and clean it up that draws me to characters like that. Same was with. believe it or not, the Rambo movies. Not the "blood and guts" part but the character saying I've had enough and cleans everything up and you sort of cheer for him.
I am probably the only female in our group that felt that way.

Must be the accountant in me, need check and balances.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just wish they had more of a real touch to that, like someone was remote-steering the plane using a webcam in the cockpit.

Yes I really love Jack's character. He is very appealing to me, that he sticks loyally by his friends and can be counted on in any emergency. I would want Jack to be my boyfriend if I was in any sort of trouble.

I am very much for the "just roll up your sleeves and get in there and start cleaning things up" mentality.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It was funny on the last issue, when Chloe and the Anti-Chloe first met, I told my boyfriend that the universe was about to self-destruct smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.