Next Thread
Print Thread
#483387 01/08/09 09:47 PM
D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
For quite sometime now, the Holy Spirit has been prodding me to go to Bible College. I have this longing for God, to dive into His Word, and to learn proper study, interpretation, and application. Not to mention, I want to be challenged in an environment where people are not afraid to ask questions, desire to love people to Christ, and swim in a sea of Bible Classes. All so I can learn how to serve others better for the Glory of God and effectively lead people to the Cross.

December 29, 2008 (two days before my birthday), I heard Dr. Charles Ware(President of Crossroads Bible College)talk about a Winter term class he was teaching called "Culture, Race, and the Church". And, there was the Holy Spirit messing with me again. I enrolled the very next day. I had planned to go back to school anyway this academic year to finish up some chemistry requirements, however, I did not make it this fall semester due to obligations at work.

Everything is paid for thanks to financial aid. I will be working full-time and going to school full-time. I have never been so challenged and fulfilled at the same time. Just 4 days of Winter Term classes and I know I am exactly where God wants me to be. I look forward to growing, sharing, and dying to self. This is the best present I have ever given to myself!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
This is great that you're doing something you really love.

I know a friend of a family member who went back to school and became a pastor once she finished raising her family. I always thought it was really neat that she went through all of that study at an uncoventional time.

Best of luck.

Charity Armstrong
Roses Editor

P
P
It sounds like you listen to the Holy Spirit's prompting.
It is always a gift to know what the Spirit is wanting us to do.
I wish you much luck.
I wish I could hear Him speaking that clear to me.
Sometimes, I do
Other times it is not so, hugs pinkroses

D
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
D
Thank you so much for your encouragement. But, don't get me wrong. This has been years in the making. I would hear the Holy Spirit, but I would not act. I come from a science background. Bible College is looked upon as "a waste of time" especially if you already go to church. Yesterday, I heard the disappointment in my family's voices as they inquired about "this Bible College" business. Almost as if they are ashamed of me or something (and they are devout Christians). I was called eccentric and apparently the comment was made that "someone needs to talk to me".

Academia is stressed, but what about Christian Academia. If I had known about Bible College when I was in High School, I often wonder if I had gone. I wish I was exposed to the opportunity. It is such a refreshment to be surrounded by Bible believing, intelligent, doctrinally sound people who sift the world through the Bible (you don't always get that at church). I'm excited about what all this will bring.

One thing for sure, I hear the Holy Spirit more clearly when I deliberately take time to digest the Bible and spend time in honest prayer. Previous years of being "in the Bible" and not surrendering to the Lord completely made the voice of the Holy Spirit less audible for me. I also wonder if I had gone through all that I had gone through if was obedient from the jump? But, one thing for certain, a person may make his plans but his steps are ordered by the Lord (Proverbs 16:9). And, everything we do, everything we go/been through is all for His glory. He is potter molding His creation. I "plan" to go to Law School after this and I find that a Christian education is a necessity in order to further the ministry of "Not Guilty".

Again, thank you for your support. It came right at the perfect moment. God bless you.

Last edited by Dountonia - Baptist Site; 01/11/09 09:49 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.