Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
A
Here is the prompt for today from the daily prompt article:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Angela England
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
My husband. My children. My friends. My home. My work.

This kind of self-examination is a bit more difficult.

A
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
A
I agree - I once did an exercise to list 30 likes, 30 dislikes, 30 statements "I am ----"

I found the more positive ones came more difficult to me. It is because we are often taught from a young age to be self-critical? To "brag" about ourselves is to be conceited and narcissistic so we get to the point where we have trouble looking at ourselves honestly.

I should be able to say "I am proud of my singing voice - I like to sing and I do it well" without feeling like that will make someone mad or think less of me.

So having said that - I am proud that my kids enjoy eachothers company. I am proud of the progress I've made in my writing over the past two years. I am proud that others enjoy being my friend. I am proud that my husband still thinks I'm wonderful and - I really do love to sing. :-)

Boy you're right - that IS tough.

Angela <><

Angela England
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Hmmm, five things I'm proud of, let's see:

My garden (it's a hard, yet undeniable gratifying task that I'm very proud of creating)...with the help of hubbie and the kidz at times...

My family (though the roads been tough and rough at times, I have, am learning how to be a mommie and a wifee)....

My life at home (after working since 16 years of age, I had to quit for personal reasons in 2002) and thought suddenly going dependent would have a social-negative effect on me, yet somehow I have found a life of serenity, happiness, gratitude,organization, meditation, smiles and tranquility at home out of the workplace...

My writing skills (though considered still a novice I'm sure by many, I have come such a long way in grammar skills, writing styles and enhancing my vocabulary skills)...

and lastly, most importantly, my marriage (we've been boyfriend and girlfriend since the age of 16, got married at 22 and three beautiful children later and the world's most beautiful chihuahua, Lucky, we're still together)...was it easy? not even but love can keep you together, if you live out the meaning of its definition.

I know the inquiry says five but I could do none of these things without having Christ in my life. He's made the difference, with his word as my guide in everyday living and that's an accomplishment I cannot take credit for, for all glory goes to him.

God Bless and happy new year.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 01/03/09 02:49 AM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I agree completely with everyone, this is a challenging task to take on. We're taught from very young that we should never boast, that we should be modest and quiet. Especially girls. Boys were rewarded for boasting, a lot of the time.

I am very proud of BellaOnline. We donate millions of ads to charity, we help out millions of people around the world every month. We help our editors succeed. I am really really happy with what we do here.

I am proud of my coding talents. I coded this site and many others from scratch, working in SQL, ASP, PHP, JavaScript, and many other languages to get everything working.

I am proud of my family. I work hard to spend time with my boyfriend, my son, my parents and other family members. I actively keep people in touch, go on trips, keep communication lines open.

I am proud of my writing. I like to write about everything and anything, and I get a lot of emails in from visitors who found my article on X or Y really helpful. I am glad my writings are helping people.

Ummmmm ....

I am proud that I am creative, that I play piano, am learning guitar, make polymer clay, am trying to draw, I take photos, write haiku, and always have new interests. I really like being creative.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
F
F
New to this site but loving the prompts.
Blogged my answers: (copied from Blog by BellaOnline)

1. Beginning to take control of my blood sugar levels. On day 2 of taking control, I am feeling so much better.
2. My family: My Husband and Son, cat and dog.
3. This blog.
4. My career: I've helped or made an impact on the lives of hundreds of people with disabilities.
5. I am usually an organized person.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 01/07/09 09:41 PM.
A
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
A
cindy - Welcome to BellaOnline! I am so glad you decided to join us in going through these prompts - I love that you are blogging your answers. Dont' be afraid to print them out and paste them into your paper journal if you want to.

Angela <><

Angela England
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
HA! I didn't even realize this list was on here until Angela told me after I did the "5 things I'm NOT proud of.) blush

I'm proud of:

1. my musical abilities
2. my ability to be a sympathetic ear
3. my cooking (so is my husband) grin
4. my ability to give advice or support to people in pain
5. the ability to use my past experiences to reach out ot people and support them.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is awesome Michelle smile Cooking is just SO important! Eating food is something you "must do" every day - and to make it an enjoyable activity can really change your entire outlook on life.

Cindy - please post your answers right in the forum! You can cut and paste them easily smile We don't want people getting lost trying to go off-site! Also, as you've seen, new posters can't have functional external links, it's part of our anti-spam system.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.