Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi, I'm Lisa, the Buddhism editor. This forum is a place to post questions about Buddhism, comment on recent articles, debate Buddhist related topics, and offer suggestions for topics you'd like me to cover in articles or future threads.

Feel free to reply to this post, introduce yourself, and let me know why you are interested in Buddhism. What Buddhist themes and practices are you most interested in? What books have you recently read on Buddhism that you enjoyed? If you are a practicing Buddhist, what branch do you consider yourself?

If you are new to Buddhism, be sure to check out the Buddhism FAQ at http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art48856.asp. And sign up for the weekly BellaOnline Buddhism newsletter at http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art31382.asp, so that you can keep up to date on current articles and forum activity.

In this and all threads, please observe the following posting guidelines:

- Be respectful! No proselytizing, for or against Buddhism. This forum is open to anyone, but it is not a platform for trying to convert others to Buddhism, or to convert Buddhists to other religions/philosophies.

- Be nice. When disagreements arise, please be courteous in your words and tone.

- If you are posting a question or debate item yourself, and are looking for responses only from Buddhists, or only from Buddhists in a particular branch, please politely state this. Otherwise, anyone may respond. This forum is open to Buddhists, quasi-Buddhists and non-Buddhists.

- Keep outside links relevant to the thread. You are welcome to post links to articles and resources directly related to a topic's thread, but please do not post spam. Note that raw urls are not allowed, if you need help using UBB code, just message me.

Thanks, and please do introduce yourself, and send me suggestions!

Last edited by Lisa - Buddhism; 02/25/09 05:11 PM.

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Y
Y
Hi Lisa, I'm Buddhist because after learning the four noble truths and what emptiness means in relation to cause and effect, I have come to experience that the lacking in intrinsic existence is pervasive throughout form and concept. This warms and calms me when I am falling short of the behavior that I believe myself to be capable of. I firmly believe in no beginning and no end, and that all that is in existence is equal insofar as no single part of any whole can be found to be the sum total of that whole. I would like to mention one book: Vajrayogini: Her Visualizations, Rituals, & Forms : a Study of the Cult of Vajrayogini in India By Elizabeth English Published by Wisdom Publications, 2002 ISBN 086171329X, 9780861713295 This book has helped me to understand emptiness as "empty of intrinsic existence because of dependent origination" and to equate that concept to "non-dual knowledge" or "Vajra Knowledge"

Last edited by Yu Jo; 01/06/09 01:46 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Welcome Lisa. I am the old Buddhist editor. I am still around BellaOnline.com at other sites. I had to take a sabbatical from Buddhist practices due to some life events that interupted my life. I look forward to your prespective on things.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yu Jo, thanks so much for your post, and for introducing yourself. I will check out that book, as I am very interested in the Vajrayogini tradition. I hope you return and post more!

Buddhism Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Jeanette, I am so glad you came by the forum. I have been meaning to email you, because I think you did such a wonderful job with the previous articles, and I hate to override any of them! For now, I am avoiding doing so by writing on new topics instead:-) I would appreciate any suggestions or comments you have...and I will come check out your Women's Lit site soon too, as I am a big reader...

Buddhism Site
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Email me anytime! I hated giving the site up but I haven't been able to stay to my practices and I didn't think it was fair to keep writing about Buddhism when I am not practicing. I think I still have all of the books I reviewed and I would be glad to send them to you so you can rewrite those. Buddha or Bust is AWESOME!! It really changed the way I felt and think about things and the author is really nice.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
D
D
Hi everyone :) I've been a Buddhist for a couple of years, but only first took formal refuge last April. I practice within the Vajrayana tradition, specifically Sakya. I'm writing to you from Southern California. I look forward to reading more here, and hopefully mutual sharing of info! I just discovered Bella Online and I'm flabbergasted at the amount of forums here. What a great site! Best wishes, Drolma

Last edited by Drolma; 01/09/09 11:55 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Drolma, Thanks for introducing yourself, and I'm glad you found BellaOnline. I am a relatively new editor, so just trying to get the Buddhist forum active again. I hope you come by again, and consider signing up for the newsletter. I appreciate any suggestions you have about topics you are interested in learning more about too...

Buddhism Site
Zebra
Zebra
Hi, my name is alexandra and Im a Buddhist.

I used to be a frequent visitor here, and aimed to become very involved with this forum, but pressure of work and daily life got in the way!
(isn't it maddening when it does that - ?!?)

I try to pop in now and then, and will support as much as I can.
I practice Theravada buddhism, and have been a Buddhist for nearly 20 years now.

I lose count.
One does whilst living entirely in the present, doncha know! whistle wink smirk

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Alexandra, thanks so much for coming by. I hope we can get things going again here. I would appreciate any suggestions you have for future articles or forum topics...your faq questions were great...

Buddhism Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.