logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
What are you all doing for Fat Tuesday (Feb 24, 2009)?

This year, we are traveling to San Diego, Calif to partake in their Fat Tuesday celebration in the old Gaslamp District. We are staying in a Victorian hotel (Horton Grand) and plan to let our hair down and enjoy!

I stayed at the Horton many years ago. It sort of reminds me of the hotel in one of my favorite Nolo movies � 'Undercover Blues'. We booked a balcony room that overlooks the courtyard. I'm hoping we arrive early enough for afternoon tea!

Why not share how you plan to celebrate with other visitors to our community?

Sandie Jarrett
Cajun and Creole Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Amoeba
Amoeba
N
We'll be doing the traditional Cajun Mardi Gras Courir in Faquetigue, Louisiana... it's a newer but very traditional run that was put together as an alternative to the Eunice run, which has grown too big for our taste.

Last edited by NewYorkMegan; 01/05/09 04:22 AM.

Megan Romer, New York Editor
New York Website
New York Forum
Amoeba
Amoeba
Awesome Sandie,

I'm in Los Angeles and would love to know more about Fat Tuesday in San Diego. By the way how is the food? I may be able to go, we'll see... smile

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
I read an article in Westways (AAA Mag) about Fat Tuesday in San Diego so we look into it. I went on to the website: www.gaslamp.org but the info was pretty thin. The cost is $20 at the gate � (read the restrictions!) and $15 in advance. They also have a few packages that include dinner.

If Fat Tuesday isn't great, there are some pubs and good restaurants within walking distance. We figure that worse case scenario is that we take a couple of days off, stay in an nice hotel, have a few nice meals and not have to drive too far!

Hope the weather will be as lovely as it was today!

Sandie Jarrett
Cajun and Creole Editor
L
L
Last year we went to Mamou. This year we are going to Eunice, La.
If any of you want to go to a good parade and are in Louisiana, Feb 15, Scott, Louisiana has their's. It is a family parade, more like the country parades. It is so much fun! Lynda

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Lynda -- thank you for the info. If anyone knows of other celebrations across the country, why not post it here so that others might enjoy the fun too?

Sandie Jarrett
Cajun and Creole Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.