Next Thread
Print Thread
#476540 12/17/08 11:36 PM
A
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
A
Hi everyone. I wonder if you've had the experience I've had? Sometimes you think you're slow at learning something, and then later you find out you take in information in a different way than other people.

When you finally figure that out, you surge ahead. I wrote about that in an article...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Allan - Musician Editor; 12/17/08 11:39 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi Allan,

Interesting article. I am very much a 'monkey see, monkey do' style learner, and am regularly laughed at in my massage class for mimicking along with the demonstration. I have recently picked up my violin again after ten years (got put off by studying music at uni), and am now learning irish fiddle. My teacher works very much on a show and copy basis, which I find a really good method for me.

Marianne Gibson
Russian Culture
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
This was a good article! And it definitely can be applied to more than music.

I am without a doubt a "doer".

At one point in my college career I tried to take one teleconference class. It was a nightmare. Even listening and taking notes was not enough for me. I need direct interaction with the teacher to truly learn.

Although I have a natural affinity with numbers and breezed through all my maths up until Trig, once I got to Trig and Calculus it was not so easy- because there was really nothing to discuss with the teachers.

Now my literature classes, and then my choral classes were fantastic because there was discussion and "doing" all over the place.

And Human A&P was the same way - my instructor encouraged discussion and would give many examples, so it was fascinating and I still remember much of what he taught me.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
That's a great article! I definitely like diving into things and trying them for myself. They make much more sense to me.

My boyfriend and I are having a sort of debate about this. I started learning guitar recently. He wants me to sit down with chord family and note progression documents and learn things A, B, C, and so on. Instead I just learned chords I needed and am adding in chords as I need them, so I can play songs. I can already play several songs, but I can't go A, B, C, D, E in a row. He thinks that's "wrong". I think I am having fun smile

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
ooops that was me posting that smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Sabira - Musician Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.