Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
K
Are Your Hearts In Two Different Places?

It�s a well known concept that opposites attract. Just like two magnets that only connect when the opposite poles meet, people who are polar opposites of each other often seem to be attracted to each other. But what about their hearts, can two people complete each other if their hearts are in two different places?

To Go to Are Your Hearts In Two Different Places?
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Kate,

I married a man who is very similiar to me. Before that I dated a guy who was very different and we used to argue frequently.

My husband and I RARELY disagree to the point of arguing, usually a compromise can pretty easily be worked out as we think along similar lines.

I think that differences are good and healthy but when it comes to certain things, you and your significant other should be on the same page. And in order to determine WHAT you should agree on, try the excercize suggested by Relationship expert, Mira Kirshenbaum, choose what's closest to your heart. You and your significant other should be willing to help the other attain the one thing that is THE closest to your heart.

Life in general is difficult enough as it is. It's certainly less stressful if at least a few things in the relatioship come easily.

Last edited by leahmullen; 01/03/09 11:40 PM.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

K
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
K
Hi Leah,

We both seem to be fans of Mira Kirshenbaum.

I think that relationships of similar personalities or opposites can benefit from compromise if there is love and respect in their relationship. I know many couples who are complete opposites and it is their differences that make them work so well together. Example - an introverted person can do very well with a person that is the life of the party. A follower sometimes needs a leader. I also know couples who are very similar who do well together.

I don't think that because people have differences that necessarily means their hearts are in different places. But even if they are compromise just might still be able to help them each reach a comfort zone for both of their hearts to comfortably live happily together if there is love and respect in the relationship.

Kate

Last edited by Kate Relationships Editor; 01/11/09 12:07 AM.

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.