logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Elephant
Elephant
i got my first at 18, and since then I have gotten more. I knew exactly what I wanted, where I wanted, and that the committment was for a lifetime.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I just got my first tattoo at the age of 45. It was something I did for my birthday. I got a hawk on my left hip. It took about two hours and it hurt but not unbearable. I am now ready to get my next one. My boyfriend has two tattoos and says he wants to get sleeved...he owns a drum making business and is a drummer. I am glad I waited until now to get a tattoo...while it probably would've been prettier in my 20's it has great meaning for me now. My daughter wants to get one and I tell her she has to wait till she's 18. That's because I want her to think about it. Know what she wants and be sure. No one wants to make a mistake with that choice.

Love it Granny! You Go Girl! You know it's funny how much we let convention keep us from things and when we let go of what people think it's so freeing!!!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I think one should wait until they are an adult to get a tattoo or pierced. I don't even like when parents take their babies to get their ears pierced because the baby can't decide for themselves if they want that or not but it's being forced on them. It's not like getting the ears pierced has any medical benefit. Back to the tattoo issue. I think tattoos are personal to each person and should have meaning and not do it for a fad or just because. This is something you will have for the rest of your life and should be planned and have something on your body that you can live with forever. I was in my early 20's when I got a tattoo and I didn't choose it out of a book but it has meaning to me and it's something I know will have forever so it had to be something meaningful to me. Even at 18 you can't always think about a lifelong consequence so just make sure you know the reasons why you are doing it. Is it something meaningful or is it just because everyone else is doing it?

I'm happy that I didn't get the tattoo I wanted when I was 16. What I wanted then wouldn't be an expression of the person I am now. It was just something I saw and I liked at the time. I was 21 when I got my first piece, which is a tribal armband that represents freedom and individuality. I got it when I moved out on my own for the very first time. Since then I have added 4 more at different ages and stages of my life. Each piece is a personal experience or event that has happened within my life. I agree that 18 is a decent age for most people to get tattooed, since by then many people have matured. In Canada the age limit is 18 with provincial photo ID as proof of age. Most studio's here won't even tattoo under 18 even if the parent is present or has given permission. I believe piercing is altogether different since the jewelry can be removed, and in most cases the hole closes up which makes the marks virtually invisable. I agree with the member who posted that there are worse things kids could be doing. I also like the idea of rewarding good grades with a body piercing depending on age. I don't think I would want my 6 year old walking around with a lip ring or belly ring, earrings I could agree to!

Last edited by Kdor11; 03/25/11 03:53 PM.
J
J
that's great!! I support you.

J
J
I would like a Chinese dragon tattoo 。

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
For some reason it is accepted and considered normal to pierce the ears of babies but people freak when teenagers wants to have other piercings or tattoos. There are many people who are angry with their parents for having done that to them and I understand them perfectly. Earring piercing should be done when the person can give their okay because they want to and that goes with tattoos and body piercing.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.