Originally Posted By: theresak
Hi Phyllis,

I too believe that my mother is trying to enlighten me with her presence in my dreams.

It is interesting that you always smell the scent of lavendar. Does that have significance to your life with your mother?

Not to my mother, just my Grandmother. I remember when I was very young, I sometimes spent the night in my grandparents bedroom in a small bed (crib actually) that she kept there for her grandbabies. I can remember that Grandmother's room always smelled fresh, clean and with a light scent of lavendar, which she kept in her dresser drawers and closet.

One dream I had with Grandmother's visitation was because I was going thru a traumatic divorce and reverted back to the past in my thoughts and writings - in fact I became so focused on the past (distant past) that I was using that as a romantic escape from reality. My Grandmother came into my room one night (she had been departed for many years) and picked up a pattern of a Victorian dress I was going to sew for myself and she said, "You must not dwell on the past, but go forward." That made a big change in the way I saw things.

Last edited by Phyllis, NA and Folk; 01/03/09 09:25 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain