logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Gecko
Gecko
P.S. I decided to wait on applying for the Russian visa until AFTER the trip to Lille so I am going to Lille (France) on Saturday and applying for my Russian visa on Monday - I will also be on holiday then. I have my flight, tour etc. all sorted. So here goes. If I have troubles apparently my tour company can help.

P.P.S. with the writing group I probably WILL go back - been busy with work, sorting out UK residency etc. - but I'm not sure now do I want a writing GROUP or writing WORKSHOP.

Last edited by Athena_Marina; 07/16/08 03:07 PM.

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Teresa and Laura -

You're thinking too specific I think smile Start GENERAL. Work on your priorities like "stay healthy". Then for five years, close your eyes and imagine what that would mean to you in five years. Do you want to weigh 140 pounds? Do you want to be able to touch your toes? Think of a GENERAL long term plan.

If you keep thinking day to day you'll always handle emergencies - but rarely make progress towards your actual goals you want. So you have to start with the priorities and five years. Post over in those threads and we'll help you out! Start with the priorities thread smile

Priorities Thread:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 07/16/08 03:43 PM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
CL -I now have a blogger who contributes a few posts to CL (she's put two up already) and is working on my logo/icon. She put my info up on friendfeed and will be helping out with the social networking aspects. I like my tagline. I have my business cards. Worked up my About page.

So check on this front! My logo idea:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Gecko
Gecko
Feeling a bit scared at the thought of our own home. I mean a part of me is VERY commitaphobic and it is a huge step (first home.) But then I also feel like I really want us to have our own home within the next five years. I love the idea of being able to decorate it too and also not to have to share with anyone else (currently we live with our landlord and it never totally feels like OURS. (I mean it feels very comfortable but never ours.) just having the two of us! We may get a government loan which means we would make less profit than if we buy without one but it may be the best way to reach our goal. I quite like a scheme that lets us choose our own home but how much they will loan you depends. Anyway I feel I'm not ready just yet but I think 2-3 years max I wanna make a move. My wardrobe needs me too also! ;-D So feeling apprehensive but feeling also like this will be a good move and also deciding that I'm not ready yet but we ARE gonna be in a home of our own within the next five years. (Most likely
2-3 years.)

Last edited by Athena_Marina; 07/22/08 09:34 AM.

I leave the child-rearing to people who feel called to it. I've never felt that call.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly that is *awesome*. Just send out the tax paperwork without worrying about anything after that. If it ends up costing a lot you can ask him to put it off. You won't know until he looks at it. Take that first step and see where you stand smile

Your logo idea looks great!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is great Athena! It is definitely a big step to own your own home but it sounds like you are ready for it. Plus it always takes a while once you decide to "look" before you find something. So there is time in there to get used to the idea. When you are looking at homes and dreaming about living in one you really get over that hurdle smile

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I will be living my dream and stay positive on things all the time

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
My current immediate goal is to get the next stage of the sweepstakes project done. I need to get all current sweepstakes caught up and organized - and then I can start sending out a series of winning newsletters.

I also want to contact each origami writer who I had put off until now. That will get that backlog cleared out and I can see which ones want to actually place orders.

Hopefully I can get through both of those today!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I did achieve the above goals - all Sweepstakes newsletters have gone out, all sweepstakes are completely caught up in terms of announcing all winners, and we've given away *tons* of items here in the forums. I've had this pile of tshirts to give away for quite a while and now they're all done! I still have books and other items to give away but am down to "two shelves" worth to get through! The origami backlog is done too!

A big push right now here is to do house cleaning - to sell off old CDs, VHS tapes, DVDs, audio tapes, etc. on ebay. I'm diligently working through that each week.

Low Carb Forum
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.