Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I weighed myself this morning, I'm at 131.0. So not my ideal of 125, but I managed to make it through the holiday season without gaining any which I count as a win! I'm doing weekly swordfighting which is good exercise but not regular enough of course. I need to do more daily exercise. I am working very hard at getting lots of projects finished up so that I can feel "OK" taking the time for yoga sessions.

How are you guys doing as we approach the end of the year?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ooops, Ok now I'm at 133. I'm not sure what caused the fluctuation up, I've been relatively good. Maybe it's just a random bloat smile

Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
I gained an amazing 3.9 pounds.. oopsie. Need to go to the bathroom or soemthing LOL

Didn't do Christmas Dinner this year. Just ate normally and did do a few treats but kept it within reason.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
I don't wanna talk about it.... mad Yes, I did it all....and it tasted oh so good. Maybe I'll just work my buns off the next eleven months so that I don't feel so bad when I put on that extra 3-5 pounds during the holiday time.

I should have never set myself up with all those goodies I had to cook. Ughhh... cry

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Kimmie, don't we sabotage ourselves when we cook all that good stuff! I was thrilled to find that I didn't gain anything over the holiday but it used all the will power I possess to bake only 3 kinds of cookie and then eat just one of every cookie instead of handfuls.
Now I will see if I can manage to lose that 10 lbs that came on during the last 2 years while I wasn't paying attention. That will be my New Year Resolution.
An encouraging thought: a study was done recently to see if making resolutions does any good. It does! People who simply wanted to do better at something like losing weight were compared with people who sat down and made a New Year Resolution to do it. The resolvers did significantly better...so let's make those Resolutions!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I tried out Nintendo's Wii Fit and one of the first things you do is set up a profile which includes your BMI (calculated by the machine) and goals to get to your optimal BMI. I was right at my optimal BMI... I guess I can stop eating right and going to the gym *lol*. I do watch myself with a strict vegan diet and while I don't get to the gym as often as I'd like (or need), I plan on making this one of those New Year's resolutions smile

Kevin Thorburn
Ice Hockey
J
Koala
Koala
J
My weight has crept back up about 6 lbs over where I want it to be. I had lots of traveling, my dad's surgery and the holidays to contend with the past 3 months and couldn't even get to exercise classes as much as I wanted to.

I started keeping my weightloss journal again, writing down everything I eat and keeping track of calories, walking more and going to exercise class more.

I think losing weight is about the number one new years resolution!

Disappointing {shame on me}

Rosie L
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Claybird, you're definitely right about sabotage with food ingredients. I just refused to use low fat stuff (at least not this time of the year).It was a splurge to the highest power. Okay? But I'm geeped about getting back on the horse and losing weight again.

My goal will be met by my next birthday (I just have to do it)!!!! cry frown shocked eek mad whistle crazy and by birthday, no make that wedding anniversary (July), I wanna be lookin' fit and tight in the sun. Oh yeah... cool

Last edited by Kimmie08; 12/29/08 01:18 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Many different studies show that journaling daily about your food intake makes a HUGE difference in how well you eat. If you write about your cravings, and how you handled them - good or bad - it really helps out a lot.

So I highly recommend you guys all get a journal of some sort - a notebook, a program on your computer, a spot in your Blackberry, whatever works for you. Just write down each day what you ingested, and how you were feeling! It might amaze you what you learn smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.