Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#480306 12/31/08 10:34 AM
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I just started a blanket for my new grandson...he is supposed to be here mid January.

baby blanket

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Congratulations!! How many grandchildren does this make for you?

When I get my sewing back out of the boxes I stored 'the mess' in before the holidays, I will still have the three major projects.

1) My oldest grandson graduates in June. I am making a sampler quilt for each grandchild, to be given at their graduations. When I stated I made four of each block. Now I have 6 grandchildren. Got some work cut out for myself, but the priority will be to finish one.

2) I am one of 8 siblings. Our parents died almost 25 years ago. We have had an annual family reunion since then. Many years ago one of my sisters made a memory quilt with a block for each year's reunion. This coming summer will be our 25th. She has turned the next quilt project - honoring these 25 yrs. - over to me (maybe I offered). I was surprised to find most of the same fabric is still available. Deadline for this is also June.

3) Least priority, but the one I'd like to finish first is the '50 States' quilt. This is the quilt that brought me to Bella. I will keep working regularly on this one, but the others have got to come first.

I tell myself I am making great strides, then I realize I am not very fast. I hope that regular progress is as good as fast progress. I have always been able to work under pressure, so I am sure I'll make each deadline.

Last edited by GrannyH; 12/31/08 12:11 PM.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Hey GrannyH, this is grandchild #5 for me. I have 3 girls and this will be 2 boys.

A quilt for graduation sounds nice. Our baby graduates this year so it is a bit late for that! I have promised to make him one though. He likes the oriental fabrics. They have such pretty fabrics I have spent a lot of time just looking.

~anonymous~
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I will be working on my parents 55th wedding anniversary quilt. I've been sorting thru their wedding pictures, marriage certificate and fabric. Sooooooo this is going to keep me busy for the next month or so. Their anniversary is February 21st. I'm so excited to start a new project.

Julie

G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Is this a memory quilt? I'd be interested in how you are going to incorporate some of the things you mentioned. My husband and I will be having our 40th anniversary in July. We would have to do anything we want 'special' ourselves, cause our sons and their wives(signif-others) won't do it. I have thought about a memory quilt but only for a short time.

I've got to give myself more time than you are giving yourself for any project.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I am working on a BOM that is going to last for a year. It should be a lot of fun
Darlene

WHEN IT RAINS, LOOK FOR THE RAINBOW
I am working on a picture quilt for a friend. We are both huge Farscape fans and she wanted a quilt with pictures from the show on it. I found a design that is tedious but so perfect for what I want to do. I love it so much I may make me one too. Different pictures but same quilt pattern.

Sybil

Earth. Terra Firma seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal. And now...I'm here. John Crichton "Farscape"
M
M
I am working on a "challenge" for our quilt guild, and it involves reds & neutral, (scrappy). My project if going to be a tote bag.

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Sounds like everyone has something to keep them busy! My husband sent me to my mom's Friday morning and I came home today and we went to her friends house and she had so many unfinished projects! I asked her if her new years resolution was to finish them and she just smiled and said no....

~anonymous~
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
hi there. sorry it took a while to reply back to you. I didnt see your post till just now.

I did start on the memory quilt. It looks very good. Its time consuming putting the pictures on the transfer fabric. Before putting the pictures on your transfer, you have to make sure you copy all the pictures to one size 8.5x5.5. I then cut strips to go around the pictures alternating each block. after that, put an inner border and outer boarder. Before you do all your cut outs, make sure you got the pictures done before anything else. that is more time consuming. I found that out real quick-lol. It was fun and when you start getting the pieces together, it gets even better. I went to Joanne's fabric to buy some embellishments. Cant wait for my parents to open up the gift I made for them.

There are several books you can get that may help you give you some ideas.

Memory Quilt in the Making
and
Better Homes Memory Quilts for t-shirts, autographs and photos

both are by Leisure Arts.

This is my first time doing this. I would do it again but maybe do something different next time. You learn something new all the time. :0)

Good luck

Julie

Julie

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.