Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Library, or music room. Nothing like reading intriguing books and listening to classical music by headphone. This is how our den area is set up. That way, no one is disturbed by what the other does. And if a journalism room, one can even, every once in a while, glance out the window for inspiration.

Go for it, just use a neutral color since its a small room. Happy holidays.

Last edited by Kimmie08; 12/13/08 05:01 PM.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Thanks for all your terrific suggestions. Even though we settled on a walk-in storage room, which lacks creativity, it's only because we have space in our house for all the other things you suggested in other larger rooms since my son moved out. But I confess, we did try a few other things in there that some of you suggested. It was an office for writing. It was an art studio, but I needed more elbow room for my larger paintings. It was also a meditation room, but noise levels in the yard next door prevented me from getting to deep alpha states. I never thought about putting a library in there with floor to ceiling books. That would be good. Books, a headphone and a cozy chair - wish I'd thought of that one before bringing in the big storage units. They snap apart and can spread out low so they can always go up in the attic. Mmmm

G
Shark
Shark
G
You can really do amazing things with small spaces. I haven't worked from my office (attic) since I broke my ankle some time ago. I really work from the living room love seat much to my husbands dismay.

One day I got the idea to hide my office behind the loveseat. I turned the loveseat catacorner and behind it put a small printer on a small low table (23" high by 20 w x 13.5 " deep). I put books on the bottom shelf and bought a nice small filebox. I have a zippered case with a little stapler and other common office supplies. Because I don't have much room I am motivated to keep the clutter down, tossing unnecessary things. You really expand to whatever space is alloted.

My husband is happy because he doesn't see any of my things and neither do any guests or prying children. I am happy because I am comfortable working from the loveseat and have access to the main part of the house.

I even had room for my free weights and the old-style square steps for the FIRM Workouts.

Gayle Santana
Coffee Editor
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Definatly my instant library/writing room.
With an emphasis on creating comfort for anyone who would use the room beside me.
Please see my new article about creating comfort and green tea in 2009.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I would make it a relaxation room. I would put a fountain or a small pond to have the sound of water. I would also have at least one chair so I could go in there to read in peace. Maybe a small desk so I could write, color and do other things. There would also be a small radio so I could listen to my favorite music if I wanted to. Also plants.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.