logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
K
My kids are both girls ages 5 and 2 yrs.old so definitely they're not still in the stage where they can manage to do things on their own but as a part of their early training I try to ask them to do small things like wiping our kitchen table and those little things that they can do. I notice that they feel good each time that they now they are contributing something.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Shark
Shark
C
When they were little, my kids used to help me clean before gatherings at our home. I guess they were about 6 or 7 when they started. They did small jobs like dusting. As they got older, they took on more complicated stuff like mopping. It was always when we were going to have company, and I was tied up in the kitchen. They're grown now and always lend a hand if they're here when we're getting ready to entertain.

Interestingly, growing up, one was a neat freak in her own room, the other was not. Now they have their own homes, and both homes are nicely kept.

cela
I
I
Aloha,

I have 2 girls 7 & 4 1/2 and they are great helpers, when they are focused - lol. Both of them share a room at the moment, so they each have to keep their side of the room clean. Each night they take turns at helping mommy set the table and clean the table. They attempt to put their own clothes away but the little one is easily distracted, so no worries there. They love to cook and bake so getting them in the kitchen to help me out there is quite simple. My oldest loves to fold clothes (god bless her) and she is eager to help when laundry is ready. I try to show them how things are done, but if they aren't interested that day then that is okay too. I don't want them to have to worry about chores or doing certain "big people" things. I want them to stay as young as they are for as long as they can. Besides, there will be plenty of time for them to master the "Art of Keeping House" when they are a little older and able to handle more responsibilities. You are only young once so I prefer to let them be kids.

Mahalo

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.