Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#480010 12/30/08 07:53 AM
S
Somuch Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi, Im in a reletionship with a BBW. I think she is so beutiful, but she doesnt seem to think the same way. She tells me that all of her life she has been teased and made to feel ugly. She also told me that this has casued her to be self concious and sexually inhibited. What can I do to help her heal from this and help her feel as beutiful as I see her and get her to be liberated sexually? Would love to hear any ideas of what I can say or do to gradually help her out of this. Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Somuch #480025 12/30/08 10:00 AM
Koala
Koala
Just keep telling her that she is beautiful...just think if she has heard these things all her life how long it will take for her to believe that she is beautiful. I think it will just take time. Maybe a little therapy if she were willing? Good luck.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
conniem #481894 01/05/09 12:36 AM
F
F
She will probably have to go back to the root of the issues, encourage her to do this and just keep telling her how amazing u think she is. She is so lucky to have you!! :)

fi_112 #482100 01/05/09 03:34 PM
B
B
you have to be supportive of her and let her know how interested in her you really are!

S
S
She is very lucky to have you.Just stand by her side and support her and tell her she is beautiful I am A BBW and when I was first married my husband brought down my self esteem and after i left I meet a very good friend who helped me out in the matter. There was book by dr phil that I read and one other book about getting your life back after the abuse. I will have to find the name of the book but I am sure there is alot at the library to search for...

I would also like to ask a question here....

When someone does something or says something nice for someone Why doesnt any one ever say thank you any more? Ex: opening a door for someone or helping someone with their bags or picking up something they dropped or even buying them something or sending a letter of just hello or card. now days you can send ecards and post commments and everything with new tech. and no one ever says thank you....Why is that? what is this world coming to .... so many rude people out there. I just dont understand.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
All of her life, she's heard negative, hurtful comments about herself. Her mind has been programmed to believe she is ugly. She could use some therapy here to walk her through healing and re-programming her mind to see herself differently.

The word 'programming' sounds like brainwashing, but we all set our own internal 'programs.'

On top of her destructive memories, she probably has a lot of negative "self-talk" as she repeats to herself (in her mind) all of the self-deprecating thoughts. "I'm ugly."

Your support is wonderful, but it isn't enough. She needs someone to walk her back to those places in her heart that are wounded. It's going to sound strange, but she has to turn around her perspective about being a BBW. In many ways, it is a gift. Imagine going through life, not knowing the true heart of people you meet because they are superficial. Her weight allowed her to see people's true selves.

She needs to be reminded that God made people individual because He loves diversity. Look at the examples in nature! We're all different shapes and sizes. God loves her the way she is. I'm sure He is sad when He sees her feel bad about His precious creation--her!

Then, she needs to look at those mean people in her past and see them as pitiful souls. She should feel sorry for them and forgive them because they didn't realize how horrible they were being.

Also, what made her gain so much weight in her early years? Was it a shield of protection? Weight is not an issue with me, but overall health is. Weight is a symptom of other unresolved health or emotional issues. Some people are content with their issues and their weight. It's a matter of personal choice but if she is unhappy about her weight...she should get some counseling to find out why.

She also needs to befriend other BBWs and find positive role models in confident BBWs. My fav is Queen Latifah. What a beautiful, fun, honest, incredible woman! Get rid of those magazines with skinny women and replace them with images of BBWs.

Some "therapy" type activities you can suggest: Have her write all those negative thoughts about herself and let her burn the pages. Very cleansing. Then every day, have her write down three things about herself that she loves and appreciates. She also needs to write down these affirmations so that her mind begins to accept them as fact:

"I am beautiful."
"I am loved."
"I am loving."
"My body is perfect."
"I am sexy."

These statements will replace the negative ones she says in her mind.

She needs to be surrounded by people who love and accept her. Not just you. But you are a great start! smile

To shellsherr: I don't know why people don't say thank you anymore. I say thank you. I think they forgot how to say thank you. Just plain forgot. How sad.

Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
What a wonderful topic and I agree with all the advice given. What a lucky woman she is to have someone who actually and truely cares for her!
Couseling is an option if she would be open to it. I also love the idea of the affirmations. I have done that before, but have slacked off the last year or so.

Being with a person that treats you like and tells you that you are beautiful is a wonderful thing, and will help. Like mentioned above, it may not be enough to solve the whole problem though. That needs to come from her.

I am a fairly thin-built woman, but I am pretty overweight and have been most of my life. I have always had issues with food for as long as I can remember, I don't know why. But I remember being a kid and getting a slip-n-slide. We were playing with all of the neighbor kids, and I was in my swimsuit. Later that day my dad told me that I was getting fat, and that girls aren't supposed to be fat. He didn't tell me I was fat all the time or anything, but it has stuck with me for my enire life. Even when, for a short period, I was thin I still thought I was fat.
These things are very hard to get past or 'reprogram' in yourself.
So, I very much appreciate you posting this. I guess I should come to this section a bit more and learn from other people here, as I have found most of this forum to be very respectful and understanding.
I hope that she can find a way, whichever works for her, to help her feel better about herself. And glad to hear that she will have someone like you to support her through it.

Everyone is beautiful in thier own way, whether others see it or not.

Last edited by yotagrl22re; 01/22/09 02:29 PM.

yota

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.