Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#477607 12/21/08 10:57 PM
T
OP Offline
T
I had a recent dream in which I was in a car with my mother who has been dead for 23 years. My sister was driving the car, and I was in the back seat. I suddenly realized that I was naked from the waist up, and I was shocked because no one told me about it. During the whole dream my mom did not speak. I have only had one dream about my mother during the 23 years she has been gone. This week I had two dreams - the one I just described, and one very, very vivid dream in which she and I carried on an entire conversation - it seemed so real - as if she was really there. Does anyone have any feedback?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hi Theresak,

Here's a link to some articles on deceased people in dreams:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Teresak,

I wonder too, along with aisling, whether or not there is a significance there in relation to age (your age to the time of your mother's passing then) and/or anniversary.

I also, though, tend to distinguish dreams in personalities, i.e. the creative side, the intuitive side, implicational/symbolic side, humor, ranting side, etc.

The dream state does allow for "visitations" but they will feel absolutley different from the average dream, like...I could have sworn he/she was just here.

Some people say they can even smell a scent when they wake from such a dream, whether it's of a cologne or floral scent.

It's especially amaizing when you will smell a hint of floral in the dead of winter with the windows closed or cigar/pipe smoke in a household where nobody smokes and no neighbors. I always run down my list of possibilities before I'll comit to such remarkable things, but they do happen and when they do, it's simply a wonderful reminder they are near.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
T
OP Offline
T
Elseise and Aisling,

Thanks for your feedback. No, it is not an anniversary of my mother's passing. She died in June - it is, however, the anniversary of when I knew she was going to die. I remember thinking back then (I was 18 at the time) that this was our last Christmas together. I just knew that she was not going to survive her diagnosis of bone cancer. She fought cancer for 5 years, but I came to the realization that Christmas that she wasn't going to live.

So...perhaps that does have something to do with it. I am just perplexed how after all of these years of not dreaming about her with the exception of one time that I dream about her twice in one week. The first dream the other week I truly believe might have been a visitation. It was so different from a typical dream, and in my dream I was so totally amazed that I thought I must be dreaming. She appeared in my home office (where I have practically been living writing my dissertation), and talked to me about changing the color of the room. I said I wanted the whole room to be an ocean, and she said "you always loved the ocean." (which I did and still do). Then she painted a lighthouse on the wall (like a mural). The lighthouse had a light that shined across the entire room, and then she was gone. I was just so in awe and in my dream was contemplating how that could have possibly happened, and I must be dreaming - and then I woke up.

That dream has stuck with me - in fact, I am painting the room an ocean blue and buying a print of a lighthouse to hang on the wall. I know - that probably sounds crazy, but I really have a new sense of connection with her that I didn't have while she was living. It is the strangest thing, and that is why I have posted. I have never explored the area of dreams and now I am interested into what this symbolizes etc...

Anyway - thanks for the feedback, and I would interested to hear more!

Shark
Shark
I think it's wonderful that you are expressing your inner world dream in such a creative outer world way. Oftentimes, this is precisely what dreams are encouraging us to do--to find harmony between then inner and outer world.

I do not know if you celebrate Christmas, but the timing of the dream seems quite interesting. A gift perhaps, for you at this time of year?

I agree with Eleise about visitations. I have had a number of dreams of deceased people but only one where I knew I had experienced a visitation. They have a completely different feeling, tone, and a "I know you were here" feeling exactly as Eleise described.

You mentioned writing a dissertation. What are you writing your dissertation on? What are you getting ready to commit your life's work to? The dream certainly sounds like a visitation but the language sounds very symbolic. It sounds like a plea to make sure you keep expanding, and stay in touch with your soul and intuition. It also sounds like you may have some hidden wisdom you may be able to share with the world.

I am an academic myself and I know that oftentimes it's difficult balancing the spiritual with the intellectual. Or it's at least difficult for me to maintain my belief in a mystic world while maintaining professional credibility. I think that's why I'm so drawn to Carl Jung. I get to have crazy ideas that still sound "smart."

I would love to hear more from you.

Happy New Year!

T
OP Offline
T
Yes, I thought about the timing of the dream as well - that perhaps it was a gift from my mother. I like to think that perhaps it was a visitation. You mentioned that the language sounds very symbolic - in your opinion, does that mean that most likely it was just a typical dream?

I am writing my dissertation, in part, on 2nd order change in education. My doctorate will be in educational leadership. Currently I am an administrator - and I am definitely not following my soul. I sort of became an administrator by accident- and really do not feel the passion that I gain from the classroom. My goal is to teach at the university level, and to do research in the area of poverty in education, impact of class in education etc...

I could never share my belief in a mystic world with my current colleagues - I would probably be sent to the employee assistance program!! smile In reality, I am just beginning to explore the power of the mystic world.

What is your work in academia?

Thanks for your continued response to my posts.

Theresa

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Theresa, it seems as if your Mother may be trying to point something out to you regarding your educational/career path. I think she is trying to bring about awareness of your creative side - to help you find your true passion.

My Grandmother has "visited" me several times over the years (incidentally, I always smell the scent of lavendar when she comes), and has gently admonished me when I stray from what is not my right path, or she will show me something that relates to my creative side.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Shark
Shark
Hi Theresak,

No, I'm not saying at all that the dream sounds like a "regular" dream. I believe that if you feel like it was a visitation, it was a visitation. I think what you feel is the most important clue to that dream and any dream. We have a lot more knowledge of the spiritual realm than we give ourselves credit for, what usually gets in the way is not our knowledge, but our blocking of that knowledge.

What I was trying to convey with the symbolic language verbiage was that this gives even more credence to the visitation. If your mother is communicating to you from the Otherworld, then it's likely she has become fluent in that world's language, which is usually highly symbolic. Actually, I think your dream is a beautiful example of precisely what a visitation dream feels like.

I am working toward a Master's in Library Science. I have a love of research and an unbelievably strong need to know things. Whenever I get busy talking about my mystic side I always feel the need to back it up with "Jung says" or "I was reading Meister Eckhart the other day" or some other such preface. I'm trying to stop doing it. I think it is truly a pity that our culture seems to believe that spirituality and intelligence are mutually exclusive. And I think it's up to people like me to step out of the mystic closet and show them that they aren't. It's tough though and I'm not exactly sure why.

You wrote that you became an administrator by accident. It sounds like you have a meant toward activism and education. And I really wonder about the lighthouse in your dream. In the Tarot, the Hermit is often seen with a lighthouse and can be seen as a keeper of wisdom. I'm wondering if there is something you are doing in your work that might somehow need to be brought to light publicly. Do you by chance have any desire to write?

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Aisling,

I had another dream the other night that my mother and also my older sister (who is also deceased) was in. Again, it took place in my home office and again they were both trying to tell me how to design the room - the color to use etc... This dream definitely did not feel like the dream with the lighthouse. It was more of the regular type dream.

Library Science sounds like an interesting field. Like you, I have a very strong need to know things. I have always been this way. I think I probably drove my parents crazy! I also agree that it is a shame that our culture cannot be more open about the mystic world and spirituality in general. There is so much to be learned from spiritual masters that many times is dismissed in our culture. I admit that I do not take enough time myself to fully explore the area, but would like to examine it more closely and apply the teachings to my life.

You asked if I have a desire to write - I have always been pulled toward using written expression as a means to communicate. In part, this is why I have a goal to become a university professor. I will be able to teach, research and write- three of my passions. Many of my ideas and beliefs do support major philosophical change and a paradigm shift in public education, and do need to be shared with the public. There are others who have my same beliefs, and I do feel that at some point these changes will be realized.

Thanks for your feedback - Theresa

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Phyllis,

I too believe that my mother is trying to enlighten me with her presence in my dreams.

It is interesting that you always smell the scent of lavendar. Does that have significance to your life with your mother?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.