logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#370313 01/27/08 07:27 PM
S
OP Offline
S
I recieved a perm yesterday. It is horrible. I want to go back to the salon and tell the stylist I am very disapointed and I'd like my $ back. I paid $134. It looked ok when it was still wet/damp and I left the salon. Once it dried I looked like I had a rats nest on my head. This am it was sooo knotted and nasty. I did fully wet it and put conditioner on it. I used alot conditioner and let it sit for a while. I then ran my fingers through my conditioner filled hair; I had minimal snarling and then rinsed the conditioner out. Anyone have any advise as to how to go about approaching the stylist. I am VERY bad with confrontation and I hate to do it. In this case I know I must. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
[URL=BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.

Last edited by Stac2774; 01/27/08 07:39 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
OP Offline
S
any comments are welcome... Am I being overly critical. If you click the pictures I think it takes you to imageshack where you can see them bigger.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Is the perm any better after the conditioner?
Most perms relax after the first week or two.
All perms are better with styling products on them to define the curls and callm frizz.

What did you ask the stylist for? Did she discuss it with you first?

It is hard to tell from the pictures. If it is definately overly dry or over processed, you can ask for your money back. It might be more beneficial to have the hairdresser give you some conditioning treatments and trim the ends.

S
OP Offline
S
It is a TINY bit better than it was yesterday. She put in both a curl cream and gel (forget the names, but redkin brand) which may have affected the 'look' of my hair once dry. After wetting and conditioning this morning; I only put in some Paul Mitchell mousse. This was after loosely wrapping my wet hair in a towel to remove some of major wet. (the pics were taken after the moussed hair air dried)

I have been getting perms for the last 20 years (I'm going on 34 and got my first when I was 12 or 13) This is honestly the worst looking one I have ever gotten. (Prior to this my only bad experience was getting a perm from a newer stylist who was recieveing 'in house/salon' training ~beyond her prior training to get her license. She 'piggy-backed'? the rods and messed some of them up, direction wise.)

The stylist actually is the salon manager and has been in the business a good number of years. I am guessing she over prossed it? I don't know. Like I said, I have never had a perm look this bad! I asked for a perm, I don't recall if I specifically said 'spiral' but it is what I normally get. I brought pictures of me, showing my hair curly. As well as, pictures off the i-net showing the kind of curls I wanted. I said my hair takes a perm VERY WELL. I stressed that because she was slightly skeptical when I said 'big rods' (as most stylists I've encountered are) I have mostly had green & purple (once I was able to get stylists away from grey & white) She used Purple & Peach w/some Green.

I can email the pictures if anyone would like a better view. I also have the 2 pics of me that I took with me to the salon; as well as a bunch of other 'perm pics' of me. I would like a good portion of my $ back. I realize she spent time and product on me, but she has really made me/my hair look HORRIBLE. My shirt was also ruined as I got Perm solution on the front (through the cape) and neutralizer on the collar and lower back. I hate 'causing a problem' but I'm really unhappy.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I think you should talk to the stylist. She should either fix it so that you are happy. (She may not be able to do this.) or give you a refund. She should also pay for your shirt.

G
G
Hi there... So, amazing coinscidence- I am going on 34 as well- I have had ton of perms in my life time- and I decided to treat myself to a perm last night. (my hair was virgin- there was none of the previous perm left in it.) Still wet at the Salon, got to my sisters house... and she tells me how bad it looks. I went into the bathroom to get a better look and she was right. My heart sunk. My hair was the same length as yours- and now it looks identical to yours in the pictures... I HATE IT. the pieces nearest my face are almost straight. the bottom 1/4 of a lot of my hair is straight. My hair doesn't even feel nice now. I have been beside myself since last night. I don't knwow what to do- thats why I started looking online, and came across your story. So, a couple weeks have passed since yours, what did you do? Is there any way to make it ANY better? I just want to cry. (some more)

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi Gina,
I have a thought on why your hair is straight at the bottom. If the hair is too wet when the neutralizer is applied, the ends don't get the neutralized because the neutralizer is diluted or never gets to the hair on the inside of the roller.

In your case, I would go back to the hairdresser and get it fixrd or get a refund.

K
K
The same thing happened to me this week! LOL, I know this is an old thread BUT I just found it cause Well you guessed it I searched about the same thing. I think I look like a poodle. I havv( I guess I should say HAD) Vigig HAIR! Long beautiful VIRGIN hair... It is gone now... I am going to try and go back and get a refund. I am afraid of them touching my hair for 2 reasons: 1. They may not refund my money and 2. They will probably make it worse by over processing my hair(Yeah...). My hair looks pretty similar to yours just a little less frizzy so you can see the *wave* better. Seriously I look like a member of Queen. I wanted bigger curls and they're not SUPEr tiny... But they're like stretched... They are not very tight. I am only 21, no serious meds or nothin.. I dread the confrontation as well. My hair is frizzy and if I put product in it(enough to hold SOME curl), my hair is crunchy... I hope you got some kind of reliefe.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hello Kemashea,
Thanks for posting. Welcome to the forum.
You might try conditioning your hair with a moisturizing product. (not protein) Condition as often as possible and you may be able to relax the curl a bit.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I think you should get a large tube of cholestrol and leave it on almost all day before washing it out.
Then use a warm oil treatment. You've stripped the natural oils from your hair. Need to get them back in - FAST!!!!!

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.