logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
luvcub Offline OP
OP Offline
L
As I set and worry myself to death,Im sick of crying and worrying about the holidays.I am a grandmother of 3 who has been thru the wringer. My son in law commited suicide before Katrina hit leaving my 3 grandkids and daughter with a husband and daddy,then the storm hit,taking with her all we owned,we were then rescued 3 weeks after living in our yard by my son in laws mom and dad,after we were brought to Az,my son in laws dad commited suicide,now the kids have lost their daddy,and their grandfather,due to the death,the place we were living in went back to the bank,we were left practically homeless,now my daughter,husband and the 3 kids live in an apt,next my husband broke his ribs at work was out of work for 7 weeks,leaving us wayyyyyyyy behind,and 3 weeks ago my 11 yr old granddaughter was told she has Chiaras malformation and has a 25 mm pushing into her brain,she has to have brain and spine surgery about Christmas time,I am sick at heart,depressed,there will not be a christmas for the 3 kids ages 11-10-7,Im in need of gift cards for the holiday meal and gifts,does anyone know of a web site I can go to that tries to help sick kids and familes at holiday time? Or where I can get a Christmas Angel?
Sometimes I feel like I cant take much more,and God doesnt give us more than we can handle,but my shoulders are heavy.
and my heart is hurting. I pray that surgery will be ok,my sweet granddaughter will be fine and that he will bless us this holiday season in many ways for we all live together.
Please please pray for us.
Angel

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Hello, I am terribly sorry for the situation that you are now in. I guess we live quite far away from each other terefore I can't think of any specific way of helping you... except for prayer. I will keep your family in my mind all the Christmas period and after...

I am sure there are some organisations in the USA that will help you out to go through Christmas. I don't know much about them as I live in Poland. But I hope that somebody will help you in finding some help. Maybe if you also mention the name of teh city you live in, it will make it easier for some to recommend a place to go to.

All the best! Many hugs and kisses!

Barbara Swiech, Polish Culture Editor
Polish Culture Website
Polish Culture Forum
BookAdvisor.Eu
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Angel, I am so sorry to hear of your trouble. I know that God has plans for you and your family and I will pray that you will experience His miracles in your life.

To find help for Christmas, check with any soup kitchen, community pantry or homeless shelter that may be near. They will know of organizations that will help. You can also check with chuches. Don't be afraid to call on every church until you find help.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Churches are very good at this. The church I attended in Michigan was very good about asking the congregation to be Christmas Angels and they would get a card with the family on it and the needs they had.

Check with the United Way in your area too. They do a Christmas thing every year for needy families but it may be too late for them now but it won't hurt to check. Also check with Toys for Tots as well.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
M
M
Hi luvcub,

I would second the recommendations made by others to call on local churches. I know that many have the tradition of 'adopting' families at Christmas, helping with needs like groceries and gifts and house repairs. You could also contact your local Salvation Army. I used to work for them and they are very, very good at helping in practical ways. You could try calling Samaritan's Purse -- an aid organization run by Billy Graham's son Franklin. They specialize in disaster relief but might be able to help you.
And please don't overlook your emotional needs amid your physical ones. Most churches and hospitals have a chaplaincy program to offer free counseling and help to families with a sick loved one. My father had Lou Gehrig's and I can't tell you how grateful I was for the caring nurses and church ministers and chaplains who helped care for him and for us. You might also Google Chiaras malformation on the web. I'll bet there is an online group for this condition who have gone through the same thing and can give you advice and support.
God bless you...my prayers are with you and your family.

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.