Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bcdefg870695, madhvi, daves101, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56593 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56594 Members
417 Forums
111508 Topics
786408 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 274
Nancy Roussy 172
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
James Andrew 108
loongdragon 108
Lestie4containergardens 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jilly 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#473131 - 12/03/08 10:00 PM New Traditions for the Holidays
Deanna Joseph Offline
Elephant

Loc: Southern California
I'm looking to start a new family tradition this holiday season.

I'd love to hear what you all do?

Traditions we already have:

Go to the Christmas Parade
Egg Nog by the Fireplace watching "Elf"
Driving around looking at the lights
Caroling

Add New Traditions for the Holidays to Twitter Add New Traditions for the Holidays to Facebook Add New Traditions for the Holidays to MySpace Add New Traditions for the Holidays to Del.icio.us Digg New Traditions for the Holidays Add New Traditions for the Holidays to Yahoo My Web Add New Traditions for the Holidays to Google Bookmarks Add New Traditions for the Holidays to Stumbleupon Add New Traditions for the Holidays to Reddit
#475193 - 12/13/08 01:07 AM Re: New Traditions for the Holidays [Re: Deanna Joseph]
Rhonda C Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
When my girls were young we would drive around and look at the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. We always had con queso (cheese dip) and tamales for dinner. They were able to open one gift which was always Christmas pj's. On Christmas Day I started a tradition of giving everyone a table gift. It is always a small gift that is placed on their plate prior to lunch.

I finally stopped giving the PJ's because my girls claimed they had too many Christmas pajamas! I didn't realize you could have too many. LOL

Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Twitter Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Facebook Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to MySpace Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New Traditions for the Holidays Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Stumbleupon Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Reddit
#475194 - 12/13/08 01:14 AM Re: New Traditions for the Holidays [Re: Rhonda C]
Deanna Joseph Offline
Elephant

Loc: Southern California
Oh I LOVE Christmas PJS!!! Nothing makes me feel cheerier than cozy jammies and hot cocoa!

I've been thinking about what sort of traditional Christmas Eve dinner we could start. As I look back, I can't think of a single dinner LOL! I like the tamale idea! It's fun and easy! Well, it would be easy for me cuz I'd buy the tamales LOL!

This year we are going to church on Christmas Eve, which we don't normally do, but I've been asked to sing - so that's a no brainer LOL! We are going to drive around and look at lights afterward. Naturally LOL!

Egg Nog French Toast!
Make french toast with egg nog instead of milk. Though I'd recommending still adding the eggs smile

Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Twitter Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Facebook Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to MySpace Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Del.icio.us Digg Re: New Traditions for the Holidays Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Yahoo My Web Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Google Bookmarks Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Stumbleupon Add Re: New Traditions for the Holidays to Reddit
#475196 - 12/13/08 01:22 AM Re: New Traditions for the Holidays [Re: Deanna Joseph]
Robin - Fragrance Editor Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
It is too late for this year, but next year, I am going to start giving a homemade ornament to everyone - a different style each year.

#475198 - 12/13/08 01:48 AM Re: New Traditions for the Holidays [Re: Deanna Joseph]
ChelleT&L Offline
Chimpanzee

Loc: Lake Lanier, Georgia
My Mom always gives Christmas Pjs as gifts on Christmas Eve, too! laugh

How about doing a big pot of chili in the crockpot for Christmas Eve? You can start it in the morning, let it cook all day, throw some baked potatoes in the oven about an hour before you're ready to eat - TADA! Done.

We actually just started doing the Advent Wreath last year, so that is a new tradition for us - though I know it is a very old tradition in the church.

These holidays for us are going to be all about memories. My grandfather was just dx with Alzheimer's, my grandmother on the other side is failing very quickly from Parkinson's, and my great-uncle has been very ill. It is not likely that all 3 of them will be with us much longer, and my grandfather's memory probably will need some help in the future. So we are making lots of pictures, videos and stories so that the kids will remember these years.

Moderator:  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Gardening Bumper Stickers
by Mona - Astronomy
Container Gardening
Today at 03:54 AM
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Salad Time
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
De-Tethering from the Internet
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
What Is The Wiccan Great Rite?
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Against Punishment for Kids with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Izeigo), 74 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.