logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
Hi there, I am new to this forum and need some feedback from you all. I am a greatful 43 yr old female that has been clean/sober for 3 yrs and 28 days.

My 21 yr old niece (my sister's daughter) is returning willingly to rehab (meth is her drug of choice) for her second time but she is now a mother of 1 year old son. She had a 5 day wait period before entering rehap and last Friday she asked if I would go to an NA meeting w/ her for support, I said "of course". At about a half hour before I was supposed to pick her up, she called and asked if I would meet her at the meeting location because she was going to drive two (guy) friends who needed a ride to the meeting. I felt an immediate uneasiness and asked if these two friends were the guys she used meth (her dealers) with and she said yes but they both have at least 60 days sober, and that they were staying sober as a team. I asked if they were court ordered to attend or are they going willingly, she said they were court ordered. I told her that I felt uncomfortable with her decision and I think she should detach or stay away from these associations and find another meeting.

She thinks these guys are so cool and they know her like no one else and that I am the one that is being judgemental and closed minded. I sent an email to me sister w/ my explanation and concern. She said that indeed she and my Niece were disappointed that I would be closed minded and judge her by not going to the meeting because those guys were attending too.

Is it me?

If nothing changes, nothing changes.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Shark
Shark
D
NO! It is not you. Your sister needs to wake up. They will be using together before you know it. Just because the guys are going to meetings doesn't mean they stopped dealing. I believe your niece needs to stay away from them FOREVER to completely recover.

Last edited by dmichelle; 12/02/08 02:50 PM.
S
Shark
Shark
S
if nothing changes, nothing changes

You are so right!

Remember you are not responsible for her recovery.

Sundancer
www.msgembroidery.com

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.