logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#471999 11/29/08 01:38 PM
E
OP Offline
E
I�m dating a man 41 years old, I�m older than him, we have a nice relationship, but platonic, he comes to see me almost every day, play music an singing together, talk a lot, no quarrels, have supper together,he helps me with cooking and washing up and that�s all.
Sometimes I tried to be more direct but he�s shy so he changes the topic all at once, he isn�t gay, I�m sure.
Any advices?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
N
Hi,

I'm assuming you like the guy and want the relationship to go further? I hope you don't think this sounds too nutty, but I'd just say to him at the right moment, when you guys are having a good time, one of the following:

"You know, I really like you. Are you available?"
"Take me, I'm yours."
"So tell me about your love life."

He could take any of these seriously, or he could make a joke out of them. But if he wants you that way, your come-on could lead to something happening.

Can you tell I don't believe in waiting around? wink

Karen
Nerd Writer Mom
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi there,

I'm with Karen, lol. I just kind of put it out there myself. I figure, if it's important enough, it's worth at least finding out if I'm wasting my energy in that direction, anyway.

These days, I don't know if you've noticed, but dating older women is in. I think Demi Moore and Ashton are like 15 years apart. I know a lot, and I mean a lot of guys that prefer the sound knowing of self and direction/mystery (not games), that an older woman offers. One guy told me he prefers older women merely because everyone his age all look alike...another one told me most women his age are just into "hooking up" which is in (a lot of people do it) but it's really stale anymore. He said he could date one of them as well as all and there wouldn't be much difference. He want's someone that presses his mind. That's his story anyway.

It's possible your friend may not really know for certain, what he's wanting but is willing to explore your company. I don't know how much of an age difference there is, but it seems to me years, if you have to count them are just a way to keep track of when you have to renue your license, lol. You really do have an entirely different experience/personality age than biological. There's a reason he keeps coming back too, it's just getting to the bottom of it if you want to know precisely why.

You could just ask why he enjoys coming over so much, not that you mind, you were just wondering and see what he thinks. Tell him you need a pick me up.

Has he recentlly come out of a relationship?

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
S
S
well what happens if u put yourself out there and take the plunge and only to find his ex gf is preganat with his kid then what... how do u over come the the hurt from that blow...it happend to me... and sitting here crying and wondering why i gave my self and opened up and wondering why i let him tear the walls down

sitting here wondering and thinking

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Newbies, just want to welcome yous to the forum, we hope that yous enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
S
S
thank you rosie

Moderated by  Kate Relationships Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.