Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B

Thats true Robin. I always get that way around the holidays. I still live between my in-laws. My ex sister in law is on one side and my ex brother in law is on the other. They are all very good to me and still treat me as family. I found a card in my mail box one day from my sister-in-law that said " You are the best sister". I cried.
I am asked every year to come have Christmas with them, but my ex is there with his new wife and I don't want to step on toes. My daughter goes and that night I sit home alone. It is the one day of the year I pout and feel sorry for myself because I can't be with those I love.
So I find myself questioning being single this time of year. For about a month I keep asking myself why I don't get out and find someone. It usually lasts through New years eve, but after that I'm fine.
The Holidays are usually the toughest part of being single.. so I'm changing my answer to that laugh

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
F
I hated the whole idea of being alone. For a while I thought being single was the wrost thing in the world. However I am learning that being single is FAUBLOUS!. It's about getting to know yourself and falling deeply in love with the person you once knew and the person you have become. Rediscovering different persecptives about people and about yourself. The harsh reality of coming home to an emtpy home is takes some getting use to but in the end you make your own reality. One that surpass your past making your new reality a wonderland of joy.

D
Shark
Shark
D
Being single ROCKS! I say that today. I will hate it when I start craving affection.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: dmichelle
Being single ROCKS! I say that today. I will hate it when I start craving affection.

Being single definitely does have its advantages and like you said, Dawn, it is lonely when you want affection or want to curl up on the couch with someone.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
D
Shark
Shark
D
Vance, that's what dogs are for. LOL

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love every bit of being single, If i want to curl up with some one i'll get a cat!

Rosie L
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: dmichelle
Vance, that's what dogs are for. LOL

No dogs are not for curling up on the couch with. lol. That is what women and men are for. lol

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I think everyone has a different feeling about being single. I've was married the first time 22 years, I fell out of love with my ex. Married second time. My second husband died 8 months after we were married. Deep inside me, a part of me says I'm done with marriage. I didnt say NEVER. If I should happen to fall in love again later, I wont get married again, instead, I'd rather have a companion. There is nothing wrong with that. Its nice to have someone to go out to dinner with, go see a movie, travel or have someone to snuggle up to. There isnt a committment there either. I'm enjoying my single life at this point and loving my freedom. Im very independent and don't see the need to marry again. I dont feel lonely right now. My family are here so I keep busy with them and friends. In time, that all may change. But it still doesnt mean i cant have a companion.

Hope this makes sense.

Julie

A
A
Originally Posted By: Cy_Single_Life
What are some of the things you love/hate about being single?

the best thing I love about being single is that U can act on ur own. u can do what u wanna do without asking permission on anybody... u can enjoy and have no limits on what u can do...

what i hate about being single in the other hand is "PEER PRESSure" u know when ur friends would ask u when will u get another boyfriend for the matter....
and wen going out with urs peers knowing that u r the only one who has no partner...geez... i dont know if i can endure their teasing...hehehe

Virtual Girls Downloads|Filipina Dating Site

Last edited by aphrodite Lim; 12/18/08 09:50 AM.
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I agree with you on the peer pressure part. I dont like people hounding on me when its time for me to date or find a partner. I lost my husband 3 years ago.. I'm not ready to date. I simply tell my friends or coworkers, I'll find one when I'm ready. My loss is still fresh for me to think about another man. I was married to him for 8 months. I dont need another man right now. Maybe later down the road, but I have to heal first.

I love being single right now because I love having my freedom. I can come and go when I please. I dont have someone to tell me how to live my life. Yes, sometimes I feel lonely when I see other couples together, but I get over it quick. I cringe when I think about being with a man right now-lol. I loved being married to my husband and dont get me wrong about marriage. I loved it, but now, its turned my life around and its about ME now. What I want to do. I'm very independent.

Good luck to you in your future.

Julie

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cy_Single_Life 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.